Oil Filter removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Job all done car back in the garage. This is one job i do not want to do again. But happy its done. A tuning garage i bet would have charged £400 to tap the block.
Next up clutch change and turbo kit on.
Part 1/3, stay tuned.
SR20ve +t..
:)

We ended up using the gtir barb as its a better stronger barb with the same thread. Rtv all over and in she went.
2013-10-25131339_zps1f8fe724.jpg

Oiled up, water, antifreeze fire her up ..bingo

2013-10-25180224_zps8d029b5b.jpg

Just one question, the turbo is not going on just yet, so just looking for a suitable block pipe for the barb. We used a temp block pipe bung.
Suggestions?

Last edited:
Thanks.
I spent a good 45 mins scrapping the pans clean and removing all the old sealant marks, knocking out the dents.
Would a garage have done this?
Doubt it.
I am sure it may have been bodged together without me knowing what they did.
They could have even drilled into the mating surface without me knowing and just put it back together.
We had to be very careful on the drilling part.
Scary moment it was.

2013-10-25131648_zps59418176.jpg

Good, should keep the oil cleaner for longer. I hope you didnt knock dents out of the ally upper sump pan?

I think the job took me longer because I was taking pictures throughout the whole process. Lol

Had to number and picture bolts as to what went where.
It was like a jigsaw puzzle putting it all back.
2013-10-24155011_zps10c85be5.jpg

I dont bother numbering/labeling bolts. I like playing the 'where does this left over bolt go?' game.

Normally in the bin.

Lol it did actully end up like that near the end as I forgot which numbers as they looked different after dipping into spirit to clean oil.
2013-10-24153856_zps4b4794f9.jpg

I dont bother numbering/labeling bolts. I like playing the 'where does this left over bolt go?' game.

Normally in the bin.

Poor practice Liam. Those bolts are called shoulder bolts. They never go in the bin they get thrown over the left shoulder into a pile of rubbish / floor sweepings for safe keeping. They are especially handy for future mechanical works where you want to completely fuck the threads of something instead of looking for the correct bolt(normally hidden in the sump pan playing knockabout with the crank)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom