patchie's gti

cheers, i'm happy with the look's and handling. fitted droopy d's old engine over the weekend. it pulls harder than my old engine. the engine itself sound's fine. i'm going to book it in on rolling road to check the fueling and timing, just to make sure it's safe. going to fit a 3" exhaust as i think the 2 1/2" powerflow is restricting it. then looking at changing the cam's and having it remapped.

Thanks guys.

This cars well sorted now!

Good luck with the RR session, hope the engine delivers. :thumb:

i'm not expecting it to be as high as when droopy d had it done. i just want a to make sure that the current map isn't going to damage the engine. also want a base figure before i start changing things, i'll have it rolling roaded at the same place every time i change bit's, so i can see the gain's or lose's.

How would you rate the blowover mate, & how much was it if you dont mind me askin

The blowover cost £600 but that was with repairs to the bodykit, bumpers and dent's around the car. He's made a nice job of it.

wow you've had loads done, i love kolor and with the full kit i bet in real life it looks awesome.
glad that the engine pulls strong, interested in seeing what this high comp. DE makes.

for me this is one of the very best ph1 GTi's that ive seen!
dd

scan0001-1.jpg

my scanner cut this of the bottom of the print out:
correction factor 102.3, baro 1006, environment temp 28.7c, max power: 165.2@6720, max torque: 132.1@6438

i'm happy with that as i was expect around 140WBHP and i got 135.9WBHP. he said that the fueling and ignition map was safe, which is the main reason for going. i've done a compression test which was 175PSI across all 4.
next thing i'm going to change it the crush bent powerflow exhaust, i'll get it back on the rollers and see if it helps.

strong run fella, the afr is very safe however does go rich after the torque drop arounf 3.5k and then mor so after 6k. have you changed anything since it was rolling roaded with the last owner?
dd

bad news. had a mate following me today, he said every time i slowed down and put started to accelerate there's a puff of blue smoke. i when up to 6000RPM, let the car slow down on the engine to 3000rpm, accelerate and sure enough there's a fair bit of blue smoke. looks like the rings are going. could be if it's running rich and washing the oil of the cylinders. going to fit my old engine, strip the new one down and replace the rings. while it's apart i'll fit some uprated springs and retainers, arp head and big end bolts ready for some better cams and to up the rev limiter.

Back
Top Bottom