patchie's gti

I must have missed this thread...

Looking good bud! Unlucky about the engine in the end tho dude :(

Get it sorted and then back down to Mallory Park, see if you can keep up now :lol:

Sorry to hear that pal,

Although it sounds more likely to be valve stem seals dude if its only smoking after hard deceleration.

Pretty simple job and you dont need to remove the head.

Much easier than removing/rebuilding engines.

unlucky man,

like dale says, kinda...
id get a head gasket set, about £60, then you can use the stem seals and change them,
if it still happens then you got the rest of the seals/gaskets etc to put in when you strip it :)

hope you get it sorted soon :)

I must have missed this thread...

Looking good bud! Unlucky about the engine in the end tho dude :(

Get it sorted and then back down to Mallory Park, see if you can keep up now :lol:

As long as you bring the range rover:lol:

Sorry to hear that pal,

Although it sounds more likely to be valve stem seals dude if its only smoking after hard deceleration.

Pretty simple job and you dont need to remove the head.

Much easier than removing/rebuilding engines.

I've had a mate look at the car, he's saying valve stem seals as well because there a bit of blue smoke on start up and there no smoke from the oil filler cap. Told him that the engine had be standing for a bit and he said that the seal's can go dry and can stick to the valve and rip when they first move. So I'll order some new seals and a tool for taking the springs off, hopefully this will solve it.

I had always thought there was a danger of things becoming 'un-mapped' when left without power, regardless of whether the unichip was installed.

just compression tested the engine again. there 190, 165,175,195. did a wet test 200, 195, 200, 205. looks like the rings are worn. swopping engine's back over and going to rebuild the new one.

The engine is at a engine place. They're checking the bores as there are some deep scratches on them from where shit was left in there when it was rebuilt, valve guides checked for wear and seals replaced, block and head checked and skimmed if needed and the crank's being micro polished. Few picture's i took before it when to have the work done.
DSC00177.jpg

DSC00175.jpg

DSC00173.jpg

DSC00159.jpg

DSC00168.jpg

what happen if you don't clean the engine properly before rebuilding.
DSC00150.jpg

Back
Top Bottom