Project JJ (Jamaica)

Well I have tried the Khumo Ku 36 on the 1320 and they are not bad - 2.2 60ft

But I have taken them off since as I need to run four and not 2. Cant afford the next 2 right now. lol

In test and tune, with open exhaust I ran 14.3 best time. Put on back exhaust and ran 14.1 1st pass. In qualifying tho I was not able to run 14.1 (best was 14.3) so didnt make the grid. they used only 8 cars. Guess if I had spent the time to learn to drive the car with open exhaust I would have ran better times. Just couldnt bother.

Since that meet I have gotten a full SR16ve tranny - SWEET!

Some vids (not official meets, no timing). This is with 16ve tranny. Only downside is I am spinning tyres like crazy in 1st n 2nd even with launch control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_UAFw_XRMI

Same race above - different angle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDMJI4liZa0&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9uiGnMYRrA&feature=channel

I am looking into an intake manifold for the 20ve, any ideas?

Peace

wonderful progress matey, never seen tho tyres before they look the part.
v good times too with the amount of stripping done.
get tho threads on your new suspension protected mind
d boi

nice one. try getting hold of a 20V intake manifold, that manifold was actually designed to be on a 2.0 motor, the stock 20VE one was designed for the 16VE really

nice one. try getting hold of a 20V intake manifold, that manifold was actually designed to be on a 2.0 motor, the stock 20VE one was designed for the 16VE really

Thanks.

Where can I look for the 20V intake?

What is/was you set up for your n15 vvl?

Peace

It's a shame I have been here for a while.

Some updates:

1. I have acquired a Sr16ve tranny. That $hit is nice. Gets off the line much better now (drags) and goes thru the gears faster. Only drawback is I have to make an additional shift 3rd to 4th so lose a bit of time there. Finish the 1320 in 4th now as opposed to 8000rpm in 3rd with sr18 tranny. Next time I will see @ what rpm in 4th I finish the 1320 with this tranny.

2. Raised my rev limit from 8200 to 8500rpm

3. Fitted 4 Kumho KU36 180 tread wear tyres about a month ago.

4. Got some Enkei 15x6.5 rims from Japan. Used. They need a bit a painting but I couldnt resist putting them on. Not as light as OZ or Volks but much lighter than stock and wider. They weight 13lbs each, without tyres lol.

Pics:

SNC00671-1.jpg

SNC00670.jpg

SNC00687.jpg

My next move? Wanna go back to the drag strip this month. 2010-09-19 and see if I can make the 14 sec grid this time. Last time 14.3 didnt make it. :)

But before I want to do a short ram cold air box. Anyone has a design? I already have rivet gun and aluminum sheets. Want to make it to access the filter for cleaning.

Peace

So how come you didnt have the SR16VE transmission out of your VZR?

Long story.

Got the VZ-R with original stock 16ve and VZR tarnny

16ve hit bearing so I went 20ve

With 20ve and 16ve tranny, 16ve tranny shaved off 3rd gear - that was with about 176hp, and 137tq

Couldnt get back a 16ve tranny so I used some sr20 gears with the 4.4 FD from the 16ve tranny. Used back the 16ve tranny housing and other parts. Just changed the gears.

This hybrid box went into this present car - Lucino N15

Then the needle bearing in that 'hybrid' box went and damaged the shaft. Couldnt get it fix so I was using a sr18 Sunny GTS tranny. Ratios closer than SR20 but not as close as the sr20 + 4.4fd set up I had.

Then a friend sold me this sr16ve tranny which I installed recently.

Sold the SR18 LSD tranny afterward.

Peace

Well pulled a 13.9 at the track over the weekend. Funny enough I did not make the 14 sec grid after doing 14.2 seconds in qualifying.

Here a few pics:

JamwestSept2010.jpg

JamwestSept22010.jpg

The N14 is my friend's and he has pulled 13.14 seconds. Mods are: SR20VE with N1 cams, Calum Basic ecu, 4-1 header, 3" exhaust, Fidanza Flywheel, Custom intake. Fastest naturally aspirated Nissan in Jamaica.

Peace

---------- Post added at 13:08 ---------- Previous post was at 13:07 ----------

Well pulled a 13.9 at the track over the weekend. Funny enough I did not make the 14 sec grid after doing 14.2 seconds in qualifying.

Here a few pics:

JamwestSept2010.jpg

JamwestSept22010.jpg

The N14 is my friend's and he has pulled 13.14 seconds. It's SR20 Ve with N1 cams, Calum Basic ecu, 4-1 header, 3" exhaust, Fidanza Flywheel. Fastest naturally aspirated Nissan In Jamaica.

Peace

bloody rapid mate, any videos of your runs from that angle?

Steve

Actually no.

After I didnt make the grid I went and took those vids. Before, my other friend had the camera but unfortunately he didnt make any vids of JJ on the track :no:

Peace

Back
Top Bottom