Project JJ (Jamaica)

awesome times and cars nizmo, love the n14 too

hahaha, ok sam pressure much, i'd need the custom intake mani, strippage and fat front tyres methinks but i see your point :P

has your mate got a build thread for his n14 anywhere nizmo? like to have a look at tht if poss

ta

No he didnt document his build but you can sen me your email via pm and I will let him email you, with pics.

From what I know though (which is a lot):

Motor:

Stock20ve
n1 cams with custom cam gears
custom intake manifold with q45 tb
4" intake pipe with sr20ve afm fitted
custom 4-1 header
3" exhaust
Calum basic ecu
He does his own tuning

Drive train:

sr18 lsd tranny
ACT HD pp
stock clutch
Fidanza flywheel

Brakes and Suspension'
Stock brakes
Lowering springs with stock suspension

Stock 15" wheels

He races on some 23" slicks

Peace

Well JJ is in the body shop and guess she will remain there at least for another 2-3 weeks.

I student actually accidentally ran his Honda, Yes HONDA, lol, into the side of her. He will be fixing her, but there is a bit of delay.

Front bumper will be replaced.

Just one of those things but one thing for sure is that I will use the opportunity to just paint her over. Some parts of the paint was stripping on the rear quarter panel and the paint job before I got her was awful.

Pic:

Fenderbender.jpg

Peace

Nice little tip there you dont seem to have much luck in that respect!

That is so true but if you think that bad..

The chap who hit the car (last Tues) was supposed go get some pics of the bumper he is supposed to get me and send to me.

Turns out he could not do it today as one of his lecturers ran into his car - similar hit as mine! today

Peace

Well I dropped off the following yesterday:

1. Bumper
2. Head lamp
3. Corner lamp
4. Fender

So I am now at the mercy of the body/spray man and the weather.

Looking at 2 weeks maximum, though, barring no hiccups.

Peace

Well the fellow who hit my car couldnt get bumper alone so had to buy whole nose cut (minus radiator, fan and ac condenser), so if any of you guys need a headlamp or grill I have spare. :lol::lol::lol:

Progress has been slow due to bad weather.

Hope to get her back by Friday.

Took this today:

JJp.jpg

Peace

[/COLOR]Well pulled a 13.9 at the track over the weekend. Funny enough I did not make the 14 sec grid after doing 14.2 seconds in qualifying.

Here a few pics:

JamwestSept2010.jpg

JamwestSept22010.jpg

The N14 is my friend's and he has pulled 13.14 seconds. It's SR20 Ve with N1 cams, Calum Basic ecu, 4-1 header, 3" exhaust, Fidanza Flywheel. Fastest naturally aspirated Nissan In Jamaica.

Peace

Great time on your car mate, do you have any more links pictures to your mates sr20ve n14? Thanks

Sorry just seen this.

No he didnt document his build but you can sen me your email via pm and I will let him email you, with pics.

From what I know though (which is a lot):

Motor:

Stock20ve
n1 cams with custom cam gears
custom intake manifold with q45 tb
4" intake pipe with sr20ve afm fitted
custom 4-1 header
3" exhaust
Calum basic ecu
He does his own tuning

Drive train:

sr18 lsd tranny
ACT HD pp
stock clutch
Fidanza flywheel

Brakes and Suspension'
Stock brakes
Lowering springs with stock suspension

Stock 15" wheels

He races on some 23" slicks

Peace

@ Happy and Steve, Thanks.

Corrected the position of rear spoiler:
JJOct20105.jpg

and a front view, not best of background, but...
JJoct20106.jpg

Well took it to track yesterday and got my teeth all kicked out. dwl

Lost 2 - 0 to a 3sgte Caldina. Track was wet so he took advantage with his 4wd. Lost by half car lengh afte he left me on line by 4 cars!

Lost 2-1 to a 320whp Supercharged Honda K20 Euro R - lost by 2 cars

Lost 1 nil to a 220whp DC5 Type R - lost by a fender

Peace

Yep.

Was a good day.

My next little mod is to try and squeeze some more 'fun' out the motor by using +2.5 intake and -5 exhaust cam gear settings.

Will update you all.

Next drag race meet is Nov 28.

My goal is 13.8 on street tyres and try and compete in 14 sec.

Peace

After reading through some info on 'car photography', I realized I posted some real shitty pics.

I may not have the services of a decent camera, but I am still gonna use my phone to make a better attempt at taking some shots.

Just need to get the engine bay cleaned up and decide on a location.

BTW, Thanks to 2 of my friends, I am now running +3 intake, -5 exhaust cam timing. Car feels strong up in the rpm. Feels very aggressive when vvl engages also.

No dyno yet though

Peace

Back
Top Bottom