Project JJ (Jamaica)

very close to my VVL time, nice one. have you stripped any weight out of it?

Passenger and rear seats removed.

If you drive a 2wd n14, that's 100lbs lighter than the n15.

My friend stripped his n14 and ran 13.1 with sr20ve and slicks.

Peace

no no, im on about my old N15, i had a little more strippage thank you and it has 171whp, i managed 14.02 @100mph. oh and i actually have a 4WD N14 :)

Well I havent posted for a while, but teinusa says my front teins cant fixed and I have ordered some k-sport but havent gotten them yet. Should have gotten about 2 weeks now :angry::angry:

But I nearly lost my car due to fire.

Oil filter seal started to leak (220km/hr, 6500 or so rpm in 5th). oil caught exhaust and caught car on fire! reached for extinguisher but it was no good. quick thinking and i reached for the radiator overflow bottle and put it out. Lost the part of the loom behind the engine (below the intake manifold). Car was down for 3 days but back up and running. Think I am gonna relocate the oil filter - 3rd time now this now I have lost oil that way. Was worried for the motor due to lost of oil but thank God it was OK.

Car even game me a tattoo while I tried to put out fire (tappets cover)

SNC00240.jpg

Oil on back of car after incident:
SNC00237.jpg

Part of burnt loom:
SNC00236.jpg

Peace

Put on some RSR lowering Springs and AGX adjustable shocks on front yesterday. Well until the Coilovers arrive. Tein coilovers still on rear.

Installed some ES bushings as well. Control arm, steering and gear lever. The rear bushings not yet installed.

Car is handling much better now :).

SNC00269.jpg

SNC00270.jpg

SNC00273.jpg

SNC00275.jpg

Peace

my SR16 leaked from the oil filter ring.. i dont think the seals on basic fiulters can cope with the increased pressure..

The damaged front tein coilover cant be fixed (well according to TeinUSA) so I got these:

SNC00317.jpg

SNC00318.jpg

They ride very well.

Have the settings at 20 and they go max of 36 but will tune later. Gonna align car tomorrow.

This is the stance i adjusted to:

SNC00326-1.jpg

This part (covers rear shocks) is from vz-r - with hole cut out to adjust rear damper:

SNC00324.jpg

Peace

Got 2 of these that I wanna drag on this month end. Not really semi slicks as they are 180 tread wear but it's what I can afford now. Kumho KU36. After race I may just get 2 more and sport 4 instead of the Maxxis MA-V1 I always use (300 tread wear)

SNC00320-1.jpg

Peace

Back
Top Bottom