Ross Autech

nice one dude, its a good feeling when the pride and joy is in a magazine isnt it :)

absolutely mate!

Just back from a 3 day road trip & read this - well done Ross :) Look forward to seeing this on track (and hearing it, lol !).

yeah you and me both!

UPDATE - at long last. progress!

bought a HRC performance fuel pump, 255lph just like a walbro, gets good reviews on other forums, 30 quid cheaper than walbro's, supposedly quieter and has a 2 year warranty instead of the walbro 1 year.

Out with the old:
1abedfdf.jpg

old meet new:
6c0995cb.jpg

in with the new:
2d0f3007.jpg

Hey mate were did you get that fuel pump as I'm after a new one, and am I right in thinking that you have to take the tank out?? or am I just being stupid?? lol

Hey mate were did you get that fuel pump as I'm after a new one, and am I right in thinking that you have to take the tank out?? or am I just being stupid?? lol

Just run your car near empty, then remove the inspection cover to access the tank, which is under the rear seats

You will then see the tank though the hole, remove the screws and fuel pipes, then remove the cover to the tank, disconnect the pipe going to the sender unit, think there is one at the top and bottom (but i cant remember lol) then once you have lifter the sender out, you should see thepump on the bottom of the tank, just unclip it and it'll come out!

Nice to see someone praying around with something different (NOS) Ross, top job! An congrats on the feature!

Daniel

The A Team...duh duh duh duh...duh duh duh!

IMAG0003.jpg

IMAG0004.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

IMAG0008.jpg

IMAG0010.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

The original SS Autochrome downpipe now converted with a 3" collector and V-Band flange...

IMAG0014.jpg

and the finished article...

IMAG0016.jpg

All I can say is Ross was very impressed with the power increase, so it should be awesome when using the nitrous.

NOW GET THAT SUSPENSION RAISED UP FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!!

Nice work there Ross. It's all coming together well. It kind of makes me think I should get on and build my exhaust. Maybe next month. It's funny how many 3" systems there are cropping up on N/A cars.

Nice work there Ross. It's all coming together well. It kind of makes me think I should get on and build my exhaust. Maybe next month. It's funny how many 3" systems there are cropping up on N/A cars.

It was a joint effort bud...LOL!

I can't wait to see the results with the nitrous next month!

Sorry Dave. Didn't realise it was you're handy work. Great work mate. Not your first time doing a big bore exhaust I'm sure but should yield good results.

well firstly! BIG thanks to dave for his time and skills today putting this together, as well as donating the majority of this exhaust to the cause! thanks a lot dude, much appreciated. worth your weight in crispy strips today!

as for performance upgrade its a whole nother world compared to the 2.5" on this before, and even the 2.5" on the gx as well. 1st gears flys through in no time, second as well, and the pull above 6500 is insane. i would go as far as saying the car feels like now what it did with a 25 nitrous shot. so thats means good gains to come on nitrous.

as for the sound. well... erm... yeah... it makes a sound. anything over 1500rpm is deafening. the mid silencer is effectively a coke can. so i will for the short term be sticking a baffle in until i get a bigger mid silencer, as it is a matter of time before i get an asbo... it does sound immense though!

again, thanks Dave! (i'll bring your jack to banzai!)

I've also had to raise the suspension 1.5" to accomodate this as the V-Band clamps are fairly bulky

so just now i have all the pieces to run at banzai, paid craig for the Greddy MSS yesterday so should have that this week.

ITS. ON.

Back
Top Bottom