Ross Autech

Ross dont worry about the figures too much, its a dyno dynamics after all. My 196hp on a DD dyno was 211hp on a dynojet.

Interesting about the timing, with everyone always harping on about increasing the timing to gain power.

Ross dont worry about the figures too much, its a dyno dynamics after all. My 196hp on a DD dyno was 211hp on a dynojet.

Interesting about the timing, with everyone always harping on about increasing the timing to gain power.

yeah im actually happy with my figures. but even happier with the knowledge i gained from todays visit on how to make it better.

but yeah the timing thing is an odd one. he mentioned that in the past he has found that nissans have to have the timing set spot on to run properly. but who knows! the ignition system is in for some serious overhaul now anyway!

maybe DET sensor is too sensitive?

ie. advancing timing creates small amount of DET pushing onto det map, decreasing power.
when retarding the timing puts ecu back to normal map

i kind of have the same in the vzr, when i run on 95, its shit. on 98-99 its better, i can feel a difference ... am i right in saying jap ecu's are tuned to 100oct? so putting shit fuel in automatically trips the DET sensor. therefore, high octane fuel with slightly retarded timing = more power

just an idea

Steve

maybe DET sensor is too sensitive?

ie. advancing timing creates small amount of DET pushing onto det map, decreasing power.
when retarding the timing puts ecu back to normal map

just an idea

Steve

its possible, but unlikely. cause it would only retard to a safe level, and since max power is at 15* its fair to say that is said safe level.

either way, the car goes fine, there is room for improvement which i can now address before crail

i will be going back for an hour on the dyno before i go to crail to adjust the MSD, MSS and angle of N2O injection and to make sure my AFR's are safe!

Jesus fuck bud, it sounds like it is detonating to fuck!

OK, here's what to do...

Run it on V-Power, not Tesco 99 or BP Ultimate!
Change the plugs for a copper grade 7 set (preferably NGK) and not platinums or iridiums!
Kick Duncan in the balls for running it with that much detonation!

Jesus fuck bud, it sounds like it is detonating to fuck!

OK, here's what to do...

Run it on V-Power, not Tesco 99 or BP Ultimate!
Change the plugs for a copper grade 7 set (preferably NGK) and not platinums or iridiums!
Kick Duncan in the balls for running it with that much detonation!

Tesco 99 is fine as it's...99! same as Vpower. it's all the other "super" ones which you need to steer clear of as they are usually only 97.

Interesting stuff. I know it's a different engine, but something of what Steve said rings true. My engine has retarded timing by 2 deg & runs on super-unleaded.

Seriously, what the fuck was he doing?

It was detonating like a fucker and he kept it flat out!

WHAT A FUD!

...and now you know why I think the place is a fucking joke!

he should have stopped with that much DET.

Its funny becuase even my 1.5 runs better on 99, by a lot aswell

nice one pal, 7bhp more than Rick? *non gas

Yeah. Good figure on ricks half. His engine is healthier imo. Rick said it himself, my car isnt just 7hp faster down tye strip. If you look at my torque graph its almost linear off gas.

Right running on v-power just been out and done a few blats, its definately not detting now so i dunno if i put 95 in without realising...

I trimmed the fuel line down yesterday as it was about 100mm longer than the gas line, this has removed the lag i was getting before hand. Which in hindsight was gas coming in before fuel.

Im gonna get back on the rollers with cams and a 100 shot before banzai. Make sure all is running sweet.

Yeah, don't be fooled by figures. Ross's car is definately quicker than mine and by more than 7bhp on the road. Crail will tell for sure ;)

I think the rollers however did give accurate enough figures.

Ross, you need blow-off valves for the N2O.. inside the cabin.. then you won't care about det .

Seriously, though, once the glitches are ironed out really looking forward to seeing this go.

Reactions: Sam
Back
Top Bottom