S15 Trial Kitted Silvia

autech is the convertible isnt it?

for a car that was never designed as a convertible my god the autech ones look perfect!!!

No, Nissan made a convertible but only offered it as a Spec S (non turbo). Autech may have tuned some convertibles but they mainly did Spec S's...

Autech increased the compression ratios, inserted high lift cams, upgraded the brakes, gearbox, clutch and Flywheel to those from a Spec R and increased the amount structural bracing to that of the Spec R also :D They're 200bhp as standard and are meant to be Epic :cool:

I had intended to match or beat the Autech Spec (with a gas flowed SR20VE head & cams) and have made some progress in the braking / chasis dept. but the engine / box won't be happening. Too expensive for very little in the way of a reward. So hopefully I'll eventually get the money together to do an engine transplant...

P.S. Thanks for changing the title :thumb:

It's been ages so I figured I'd do a bit of an update!

Since my last update I've been on two trackdays, I've undersealed the underbody of the car, slammedmind did the four arches for me, I've got new coilovers, an Apexi rad cap and a Cusco rear strut brace (but it's not yet fitted)!

The trackdays:

More pics of them both can be found at the link below but I went out in Mondello on July 20th with the SXOC. It was a fantastic day out and I enjoyed it a lot! The new coilovers were fitted and she was set up beautifully. I'm officially hooked!
http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv325/Trial_S15/Trackdays/

sxoc1.jpg

sxoc10.jpg

sxoc11.jpg

sxoc3.jpg

But I made a bit of a mess of my new tyres

c4.jpg

c5.jpg

So when I booked the next trackday I intended on getting some Toyo R888's, time flew by and before I knew it the trackday was upon me and I had no money for 888's I was very lucky though and managed to find somebody to lend me theirs! You know who you are and you are a legend!

MM2.jpg

I wasn't sure if they'd fit due to the offset and width of the stunning works rims (9") but they did and they look bloody fantastic

MM6.jpg

MM7.jpg

MM9.jpg

MM10.jpg

The trackday was organised by Modified Motors (an Irish modified car magazine) and it was a lot of fun The R888's made some difference and I shaved 2.5 seconds off my previous best timed lap of 1.14.1 (new best = 1.11.5)

I've no shots of me driving yet but I've been promised some from one of the lads who was taking pics on the day!

The coilovers:

My HKS coilovers were knocking and had to be replaced :cry: I decided to go for the Driftworks CS2's and they are brilliant! The car is much more comfortable on the road but the softer springs also make for better grip around the circuit. Granted I now have even less hope of ever drifting in it due to the increased grip but with the lack of any real power it was never gonna happen anyway!

Underseal:

I decided to underseal my car after reading up on the state of a lot of S13 & 14 shells. They're not fairing very well and a number of people are having to scrap / reshell as a result! So seeing that my Silvia is ten this year I decided it was as good a time as any. I got Rob to do the arches after seeing the fantastic job he did on his own and then I took a few days off work and got stuck into the underbody...

c10.jpg

c12.jpg

c8.jpg

c7.jpg

The cills were starting to show some surface rust so it was easier treat it now and then underseal it than try to go back in a couple of years when the problem is much worse! It took bloody ages; I had to remove the surface rust & existing sealer with a wire brush (drill bit) and then apply Hammerite Krust Gel which then had to be reapplied every half hour for three hours. This then had to be washed down with a hose and a wire brush to remove all of the solution. Once it had all dried I masked off anything that shouldn't be covered in sealer and used Hammerit Waxoyl Undersealer which had to be reapplied 2 hours later and left overnight to dry. In the morning I used Hammerite Stone chip protector, similarly this should be reapplied after two hours with a third coat two hours after that and left overnight. I'm quite happy with the results and won't be worrying too much when I see them salting the roads at xmas :D

Sounds and looks like a good track day mate :). Respect for all the effort you put in to underseal the car!

Very small update;

I've been meaning to paint my window wipers and scuttle panel and remove the cheap looking Nissan sign from the back of the car for ages but have always been too lazy! So I got home early from work yesterday evening and got stuck into it!

d22.jpg

d24.jpg

d25.jpg

And when I removed the Nissan badge look what I found??? (but it's also been removed...)
d32.jpg

And seeing as I've been asked to throw my car up on a stand tomorrow at Japfest I figured I'd give her a bit of a clean today (I'll do the wheels tomorrow) :thumbs:

d30.jpg

d31.jpg

d29.jpg

d27.jpg

d28.jpg

Looking lovely and neat mate. Those track shots are pure awesomeness :lol:.

*jealous :rasp: :lol:

Oh and kudos for no spoiler. The S15 has great lines and a spoiler with that bodykit would be over the top imo :)

th_MM19.jpg

Thanks lads, I got drenched at Japfest so didn't take any pics but I got some last night while she was still reasonably clean...

e2.jpg

e6.jpg

e7.jpg

e9.jpg

e10.jpg

e12.jpg

e13.jpg

I even de tarred and polished the underside of the rear bumper right back to the diff!
e14.jpg

I got some new goodies too, I fitted a cusco rear strut brace a couple of weeks ago and bought a front ARB on sunday :D
c23.jpg

c24.jpg

Back
Top Bottom