Simcards Autechish GTi+T

Cheers fella's. Well my boss and even my dad thinks the same as you folk, turbo this one. My boss just reckons this is less rusty underneath and the bumper would suit an intercooler lol.

Nice one Simmy Sim Sim Simmington, you've rescued a great car from pointless scrapping. Now do mine pleasethanksbye.

Seriously dude, turbo this and you get my vote for prime minister.

That big bumper is just crying our for a mahoosive intercooler. :D

Nice one Simmy Sim Sim Simmington, you've rescued a great car from pointless scrapping. Now do mine pleasethanksbye.
Do yours?

Seriously dude, turbo this and you get my vote for prime minister.

That big bumper is just crying our for a mahoosive intercooler. :D
It certainly has a purpose. We'll see what the next two weeks has in store....

do it turbo this one then sell me the red one. lol
See if i get blue one back first!

Found a few old pics of this from when Rob and Al P had it. Did it used to have a carbon bonnet Rob? Reminds me of when Tasha was running around with a red bonnet after she crashed.
3583feb9.jpg

IMAG0004.jpg

IMAG0009.jpg

IMAG0012.jpg

IMAG0013.jpg

IMAG0014.jpg

Come a long way baby.

I never realised that was the same vehicle, i remember that guy being on here when i joined, i remember the bling wheels etc. Shame it doesn't have the badges on anymore, suits it.

Well it took me and Ben over 12 hours (don't ask, but me and Ben certainly came close to insanity due to a crappy ramp) but the new engine is in. However it didn't start up. I couldn't be bothered to go too in depth last night as it was 11pm but Ive have had 30 mins looking at it with the boss today, we seem to have narrowed it down to Faulty injectors as they were the originals and haven't ran for 10 years or more. The car has good spark, there's fuel reaching the rail and back out. The engine turns over ok, just doesn't have the fuel to go! We disconnected cyl 1 injector plug and connected a s14 injector i had, could clearly hear the solenoid but when we took out the existing one it didn't make a noise. Put in one of my old injectors out of the original engine, it still didn't sputter but this time the spark plug was covered in fuel and you could finally smell it in the cylinder. Just got to do the other three which means taking lots of things i don't want to again :mad: and then see if it will finally jump into life. Cest La Vi!

Image058-1.jpg

A Picture i sent to stufa
Image057.jpg

And a homemade standard gti exhaust that i'm putting back on for a bit for some quiet till i get up to AAS in newcastle. I cut off an old ford focus st's exhaust tip and welded it onto the gti backbox. I think it looks great!
Image054.jpg

Better digital camera pictures to follow, and maybe a vid providing i can get it to fire up! Fingers crossed. Oh and extra fingers crossed that all the seals aren't fucked due to its age :rolleyes:

Oh and yes i scratched the bloomin rocker cover so i'm getting my spare sprayed up properly this time.

Those engine specs, if anyone cares are as follows.

HKS Filter
Fidanza Flywheel
ACT 6-puck clutch
Greddy oil filter relocation kit
2.25" Mani + dowpipe
S3R Cams + Cam gears

Once this engine has done 1000 miles its hello turbo!

Nice one! Is it a pain to change injectors?

Not as in a difficult pain, simply a pain in the arse when i could've done them with the engine out. The top of the inlet will have to come off, with the ICV and a few other brackets etc. The philips bolt idea is pretty lame too, whats wrong with 8 or 10mm nut i'll never know.

On a side note, the pleasure of working on these cars are all you really need to do most of the work is a ratchet and 10,12,14,17mm sockets.

Back
Top Bottom