sprints si

its nothing special but its not bad for a first car

this is how i bought it

almera.jpg

then it got a spoiler which i wasnt sure about at first but i found one in the right colour in a scrappy so decide i would fit one

spoiler026.jpg

got some clear indicators which to me look to clear but i dont want to risk trying to darken them at all so ill leave them, also removed the silver line (only took 7 hours) and the granny style door protectors

708b226d.jpg

and finally i got some GTI wheels which i think have transformed the car and made it look alot better

34397725.jpg

let me know what you think, i dont think iv done that bad considering iv had the car since just before christmas and im modifying on a very small budget

future plans are;
bucket seats
phase 2 gti headlights
phase 2 rear lights
gti strut braces
coilovers when i have managed to save enough money
subtle exhaust
induction kit

im basically trying to get the car looking as good as i can on a very small budget, not into big bodykits etc so the car will be staying subtle

any feedback is welcome, good or bad, also any ideas about what you think might look good

very nice motor mate. i've got the same car and am doing pretty much the same mods on a student budget too. very nice

sprint said:
coilovers when i have managed to save enough money...

...im basically trying to get the car looking as good as i can on a very small budget, not into big bodykits etc so the car will be staying subtle

surely if you're just after making the car look good for as cheap as possible then lowering springs would be better mate??

gadger said:
surely if you're just after making the car look good for as cheap as possible then lowering springs would be better mate??

would be the cheaper option but once i have got another car in a few years i want to use this for sprinting. basically if i buy the coilovers it will still be good enough for competing but if i buy lowering springs i will need to replace them when i compete which would seem like a waste of money.

thanks for all the good comments

nails said:
looks nice mate u should try gettin sum gti skirts or splitters

im thinking about it but im not sure if i like the look of them or not, also because im on such a small budget i would struggle to buy them and even once i had bought them they would probably need spraying which is even more money i dont have

nails said:
looks nice mate

thanks alot mate, to be honest when i bought it i didnt like the look of it but im starting to like the car alot more now

Looks good mate,

Looks very similar to what my GTi was like. Only difference to from mine to what your wanting is the tinted windows and the 18's. Id also suggest just normal Phase 2 front lights, rather than the GTi ones. Think it suits the colour better.

Attachments

• FCFO.jpg
    FCFO.jpg
    467 KB · Views: 308
rick, after looking at that picture you have just confinced me never to put a kit on it, that car looks brilliant. also i like the headlights alot more than the phase 2 gti ones, they do suit the colour much more.

noticed your thread about a car getting scrapped and you using the parts to fix yours or something like that, would you be changing the mirrors on your blue car? im after some colour coded ones but want them in the right colour if possible

sprint said:
rick, after looking at that picture you have just confinced me never to put a kit on it, that car looks brilliant. also i like the headlights alot more than the phase 2 gti ones, they do suit the colour much more.

noticed your thread about a car getting scrapped and you using the parts to fix yours or something like that, would you be changing the mirrors on your blue car? im after some colour coded ones but want them in the right colour if possible

Unfortunatley not mate, i have one blue, one black mirrors anyway.

Shamu said:
Exactly the approach I went for with my Si, I had GTi alloys before I passed my driving test!

However the Si has Gone and the SRi is now here.... and still has those GTi alloys!
Just like your plans mate, i've got the GTi headlights and P2 tailights! Makes all the difference!

Heres my Si back in the day, complete with Red stripe on the side :rolleyes:
http://www.almeraownersclub.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=5842&highlight=shamu's

i havent got my license yet lol, im not 17 until november but luckily my parents wanted a second car and agreed to let me chose it and modify it etc. was origanally going to be sprinting it this year but its looking unlikely now because its hard to get enough experience when im only driving on a car park for a few minutes each night

before

almera.jpg

and after

b55561f7.jpg

4aaf8752.jpg

not the biggest transformation ever, in fact it hasnt really had much done but im feeling quite proud of it now. i think iv changed it from a granny shopping car to something i would be proud to be seen in and considering it hasnt cost me a huge amount of money im very happy. still needs lowering but its not as bad as i thought it was, will get away with it at the current height until about december when i should be on the road and then i will be lowering it.

i finish my GCSEs in a few weeks so im going to have a lot of spare time then :) so im going to paint the calipers and drums black, deglobe the indicators, hopefully find some phase 2 rear lights and do a few other things that are cheap but should improve it a bit more. trying to save £500 towards my insurance so im going to have to stop the mods for a bit.

let me know what you think, also any little ideas people have i will be interested to hear as like i said im going to have a lot of time to spend on her soon

sprint said:
let me know what you think, also any little ideas people have i will be interested to hear as like i said im going to have a lot of time to spend on her soon

Looking good mate, just keep it clean.

Parking the rear wiper along the bottom of the window. Yoou could also adopt a Punto wiper arm for a smoother look.

That's one cheap/easy mod to do.

and de globe ur indicators only costs the price of silver vision bulbs.
also a set of springs to lower it a bit :).
is a good improvement youve done mate good luck with passing your test

Back
Top Bottom