sprints si

Wow, so much cleaner than my Si. Wish i'd got GTi wheels instead.

You will definately be coming down, when you pass.

looking good! much better now it's lowered. Those wheels you sold me aren't going on my mera it seems. decided 15s are just too small for the arches, so I'm after 17/18 and some coilovers. the car will be SORN'd and offroad while I'm at uni, and will get a full GTi conversion over teh years I'm there, and I'll probably just have some nasty little runabout to keep me going if I need it (or insure the 205 for the months that I'm home, assuming I ever finish putting the last fewq bolts back on the engine :D).

:lol: , 15's definately looked miles to small on mine when it wasnt lowered, i quite like the look now its lowered but i wouldnt mind some 17's, just no good on this car really as they will be no good for the next car then. like the sound of your plans, look forward to seeing the final product.

kurt i will definately come down to a cruise when im driving, will keep an eye on midnight racing for the dates and let you know when ill be coming along. still needs a few scratches repairing but iv got some nissan touch up paint now thats a decent match, old halfords stuff was terrible.

thanks Chris

just realised how bad those pictures are, half day tomorrow so ill give it a clean and try and get some better pictures, drive is crap and falls away on drivers side so the passenger side is looking higher and i cant get a decent picture in the small drive anyway

i should be so i should be there, will let you know closer to the time

its quite hard to notice when your looking at it, i know its like that so i notice it but other than me your the only other person to notice it :lol: only a few mm gap there, could probably try and sort it out but i would only make it worse anyway. shame its like that really, its only the bottom piece of the rear wing thats pushed forward a few mm rather than it being twisted, been hit on the drivers side below the bumper line by the looks of things but only the boot floor is damaged, bumper looks to be original and is fine and the boot is original i think, bodyshop could probably pull it out but not worth the expense, presumably it hasnt gone through the insurance and whoever hit it has just paid up and the previous owner has pocketed it

Vey tidy, looks good now shes low. How does it handle? any bumpier? reason i ask is i bough mine with 17's on and lowered already so ive no idea how they do on 15's ive got a winter set that ill use if the weather gets too bad and a coulple of months before i sell her (not for a while yet) as im not selling my bling with the car.

its definately bumpier but in the front its not that bad, i like it alot more now, dont like the feeling of soft suspension. my mate sat in the back and reckoned he could feel every bump in the road, i havent sat in the back yet but i dont think hes used to anything slightly stiff so maybe its just alot different to he expected. on bumpy roads its alot bumpier but its still ok really, just feels much more connected than it used to, you actually know whats going on and what the road surface is like now, before it was disconnected and seemed to smooth everything over so you didnt get much feedback.

handling is great, was very chuckable before and was always fun but now it seems to roll less and is very precise, turn the wheel and it goes were as before the weight transferred alot more and i think to a point that numbed the feeling a bit, seems to react instantly now. havent driven it that hard yet but im very impressed, although now im wondering what it would be like on coilovers, always the next car to find that out on though :lol:.

thanks again for sorting out the springs mate, transformed the car and made it into something i didnt think it would be, before it was a nice car but lacking in certain areas, now the power doesnt seem to matter as its fun enough to drive anyway, handling is great and the gearbox is nice aswell, engine has suprised me a fair bit aswell actually, takes higher revs much better than i thought it would, havent taken it all the way but up to about 5,500 it seems to go well for what it is and it didnt seem to mind it, didnt expect it to like any kind of revs at all. maybe in a few months the handling wont make up for the lack of power but it will do for now and for the first time since i bought it i can honestly say im not sure if i will want to let this car go :O , will be replaced by something better imo but the springs have released some of the potential that was being hidden, whole car was orientated towards older people when i got it but it suits me perfect now.

Good effort mate. remember 30-40-50 mph is the same speed in any car, its how you enjoy it that counts. Glad to help.

Looking good Jimmy! :thumbs:

Especially liking the backbox (I`ve got the same on the GTi). ;)

Oh, & do the wiper mod! :p

Looks 1000 times better than when you started, I bet the previous owner would think it was a completely different car, just with their old number plates on it if they saw it.

Very nice. The Nissan badge looks good at the back, Im starting to regret when I pulled mine off, might stick it back lol. I think those wind deflectors that go above the window would look good on your car too.
Nice job man :thumbs:

Oh yea did you sort that problem out with those ebay lights?

thanks Fred and Rick. never did get the headlight, eBay didnt seem bothered about it, didnt cost enough for there insurance to cover it or something, no mention of any action being taken against them or anything! not suprising con artists love it really, doesnt seem like anyone is bothered with the odd bit of fraud here and there, suppose eBay are getting there money and there so big any amount of bad press isnt going to bother them.

seen some on eBay the other day but they wouldnt accept cheque, PayPal seems open to fraud so ill be sticking with cheques, will get some in the end. spent ages after a set of rear lights for the p10, took me about a year/18 months to get one set, had 3 sets now! like buses :lol:

the parents do but as soon as i can insure it its mine :D , there what got me started on the whole nissan thing tbh, if it wasnt for the parents buying our first primera i could be driving a corsa or saxo or something like that now :eek: :lol:

So whats to become of your clean Si when you can get insured on the Primera? Doesnt really make sense to me. The Almera's perfect for us younger drivers, Why would you want to drive a big saloon instead?

Is your Primera modded? Got any piccies :D

He will have to wait a year or two, til he can drive the p10.

So the Si, is for a first car.

the Si will probably be advertised as is for a bit and then if it doesnt sell it will be put back to standard and sold on like that with the parts going seperate, hopefully that will pay for the insurance on the p10 or go a decent way towards paying it so it should work out ok.

tbh i have always liked bigger cars, the car that really got my interest in cars going when i was little was a 1973 4 door Morris Marina that i still have now because im too sentimental to let it go, its the same with the p10, i would be too sentimental to ever sell it. i love the p10 anyway, we had one 3 years ago and sold it for a p11, that didnt compare so that sparked the nissan interest and made us get another p10, 6 months of searching and the right one turned up and i know now if we sold it it wouldnt last, people dont look after cars and i dont want this one to die. tbh i prefer the older cars aswell, the p10 is getting to that vunerable few years were its either scrap it or spend plenty of time/money on it, i like the idea of preserving something and the cars still solid and running well so my challenge is to make it last, thats fun to me :O

its not modded yet but i know my dads enjoying driving the almera alot after its been lowered so maybe he will have a little go, im going to start putting a bit of money into it aswell so maybe soon it will be getting a few mods.

campinanshirlanne002.jpg

looking very clean in deed, highly recomend doing the rear wiper mod (parking it at the bottom of the window) and fitting a punto wiper arm

Back
Top Bottom