sprints si

wasnt going to bother posting the new pictures as it looks like im trying to get attention if i keep putting new ones on but i will know its had a new post as if people are like me they will read the new post anyway, may aswell see the new pictures aswell :)

almeralowereddecentpictures001.jpg

almeralowereddecentpictures003.jpg

almeralowereddecentpictures004.jpg

looks sweet sprint, but the front is defo missing a splitter! and also the back needs the rear wiper mod!! clean looking car man¬!

laguna splitter and punto rear wiper with the rear wiper mod will probably be done over the next few weeks, need to get back around the scrappys at some point, always see lagunas and puntos in there but have always forgot to get the rear wiper and splitter in the past :O

That is so tidy. Wish i hadnt had my chav phase when i started driving and i could of driven something like this and saved a small fortune. Wiper mod and splitter a must. 5 quid for the arm in a breakers and a dawn raid on a laguna splitter (they just pull off!)

Really looking nice, but, is that a dent, or a reflection, on the drivers door frame behind the window :confused: (where I`ve got the "SR20 inside" stickers on the GTi).

Sprintscar.jpg

Coming along nicely mate.

This is the look i'm going for with the red SRi i've now got.

Looks gorgeous mate, if i ever get another GTi i want it to be unkitted, and either your blue or loden green, and to look as subtle as yours does.

This may not be through choice but im glad you've kept it all P1ish, and not turned it into a GTi replica

its a dent Fred, sadly i think shes spent most of her life in car parks :( , colour hides it very well but i wouldnt mind getting them sorted one day, more lots of tiny dents than a few large ones which is probably worse really, not going to be easy for someone to remove them. doesnt need any paint work now so i might see what price a bodyshop give me to sort it out, if not ill have a look into dent devils or similar if i have the money spare

funny you should say that Rick, your old GTi is pretty much what i aimed for from the first time i seen a picture of it, but with GTi wheels instead and possibly this grill if i could get hold of one. now its pretty much like that so ive done what i set out to do which is why im trying to stop spending on it now, in my eyes anything majorly different now could make other things look out of place, so i could be chasing my tail so to speak, if i put slightly bigger wheels on i will want coilovers to drop it further etc so its easier for me to stop now and get the money together for the next project, this one can still have cheaper things though.

thanks alot Kelv, means alot mate. through choice really tbh, at the start i considered the bodykit but Ricks GTi shown me the light, tbh most people dont notice its modified until you show them the before pictures :lol: , thats the idea to me though, some aftermarket parts are nice but most look out of place imo so on the outside budget and taste has meant its mostly nissan parts, a set of wheels and a few other bits would be nice but the budget says no. as for p1 parts, well thats budget aswell but im starting to like the idea of keeping the p1 rear lights as there different on a modified almera, p2 headlights would be nice but they have to be at the right price so its hard to find them. p1 bumper works well with the lines imo so thats staying aswell

Definately, the car looks so smart as it is! As for that dent, could you get someone to make you up a tiny 'Si' badge for your door pillar? would cover the dent?

0ff7ae8f.jpg

About 4 and a half years later she's returned home to be my sensible daily driver! Much tattier than before, and in need of plenty of work but nothing that can't be fixed and il update tomorrow once Iv had a good look over it with how bad it is!

I need to sort some gti alloys out again, it's got some speed line alloys on now and they aren't bad but I much prefer gti ones!

It drives like shit, it's flat spot after flat spot followed by yet more flat spot! The odd time it wants to move it seems like it was, so that's first on the list, and sorting the centre section as well, backbox in the boot isn't ideal!

Maybe one day it will get an sr20 but it's here as a sensible second car in replacement of my micra for now!

Gave it a service tonight bar the oil which il do when it's not pissing down. Plugs, fuel filter, air filter and gave the MAF a good clean, no longer drives like a scrappy dodger so that's money well spent! Still got a flat spot but nothing like it was, was awful before! Il sort oil ASAP and look at the flat spot and low idle once it actually has a back box on it!

It's more solid than I was expecting, rear seat belt mounts are still like new, front crossmember is still good so it's just the sills to pay some attention to and the 2 arches with bubbling, not saying il get it perfect but it's a solid shell still and will soon tidy up, just a shame it's had so much paintwork really!

2a74d485.jpg

13f9ef37.jpg

af1764d0.jpg

1b029896.jpg

Suspect Eddie may have been trying to mock up his own bumper design before getting disturbed

Had a few hours this afternoon on it sorting out some of its many niggles

Firstly had a poke and pull at the rusty looking arch lip, turns out what looked like solid metal only wasn't rusty because it was filler, same cowboys that bodged the inner arch with wire mesh instead of welding did that, job for the summer

e8b89170.jpg

1e133980.jpg

Aside from the bottom of that arch, and the bubbles the rest is pretty solid and the other arch is solid too, so will tidy up nicely providing I can match the paint ok!

09b82f3c.jpg

Then came funky stance

f3389893.jpg

A bit more funky stance

fae28b7d.jpg

And it now has a backbox! Needed a hanger welding back on the janspeed but aside from tha it's perfect and about 10 years old so can't moan at that

When the arches and sills get done I'm going to need to paint them, have got a compressor but thinking sills might be a pain to colour match with the height il be working at etc, so maybe il stone chip them and get some skirts, only problem is I only really like Vzr skirts and then il end up going away from the budget side of it all!

Well the budget side of the project has gone a bit tits up really, its still a proper budget build that doesnt owe me much at all but I have made changes.

It now has an SR20, p2 GTi head lights, p2 rear lights which im not keen on, GTi interior, d2 coilovers and soon GTi brakes, might even use it on track next month not sure which car to use or if i should even do the track day. have got GTi wheels as well just need to get some tyres on them.

Il get some pictures when I can be bothered to clean it, engine runs well though and doesnt go badly at all, handles well enough considering its on 4 random tyres but the brakes are awful ATM.

Project was too easy though, I think an n14 is needed next and put my highport in it.

Back
Top Bottom