Sr20de cam install tips/help

Yeah its decent,i can add pulleys and spacers to the mix also,but the final tune is most important really.

Did you notice any difference with the tomei cams you fitted apart from being better LOL,any sight issues or anything driving wise,did you have to adjust anything ??

So i have heard that 15 degree timing is best for s3r cams,is that completely true ?

15 degree ignition timing is standard, I had a noticeable, positive response from my S3Rs at 17 degree's

....phone....

My s3'd GTi is at 17.5. It is a bit jumpy at really low revs and has a flatter than usual spot at 3.5k but is otherwise great.

Yeah its decent,i can add pulleys and spacers to the mix also,but the final tune is most important really.

Did you notice any difference with the Tomy cams you fitted apart from being better LOL,any sight issues or anything driving wise,did you have to adjust anything ??

So i have heard that 15 degree timing is best for s3r cams,is that completely true ?

after fitting the poncams the first time i felt the need to reset the ecu, advancing the ignition from there back to 19*.

the way the car drives with the poncams i can best describe as the difference between driving the same car with a 1800cc engine for a while then a 2000cc - just more power everywhere, even from as low down as 1500rpm over standard.

issues............... installing really as the body of the cams are bespoke and not cut from nissan blanks. the spanner size needed to hold the cams in place while doing up the cam sprock bolts is larger than stock which did catch joe out, apart from that none to report.

Back
Top Bottom