Stani's Almera

thats with 32mm spacers ???!!!

theres a little black screw on the drivers side of the inlet this adjusts the idle speed

yeah thats with 32mm spacers, still not at the arch lol they will have to do though. either that or new wheels but i dont think i can do that. also if its not that idle control valve what else could it be??

Stani where did you get your xenon kit from x x
Good to hear you are sorting the capliers out lol x

I would not use these wheel spacers - there's no support for the centre of the wheel, all weight is on studs. Never. IMO it's dangerous. And you'll never fix the wheel exactly in the middle usig only studs. That's why hubs have centre bore...

well today i got up later than i was meant to so never got anything done really, new wiper blades all round and fttted my replacement rear wiper motor :) was planning on getting the calipers and cam cover done but run out of time and light so to get onto them tomorrow

2973667202a12185278648o.jpg

nah i dont wanna risk it, the guy i got the cover off has sanded it down i think and the lettering is nearly flush so the rest of the paint would suffer so im gonna leave it like this and be different :)

right i fitted the decat i got with the car just yesterday, all seemed good until i drove it in the daylight just half an hour ago. lots of blue smoke is coming from the exhaust now (burning oil) could it just be a coincidence? or you think the cat has been blocking this? also anybody know what it could be? stem seals/piston rings?? im gonna do a compression test tomorrow night

head gasket maybe?

fingers crossed that its nothing serious.

your car is looking great btw :)

Can't see a cat stopping oil being burnt, the system gets hot enough to burn oil with one in. Maybe boot the hell out of it and see if it goes. If not, check your oil levels before and after a spirited drive, see the useage.

or the headgasket lol whatever way it needs to be fixed so hopefully if all is well with the compression test then the headgasket and stem seals will be replaced! i thought i was finished with all this fucking about with engines when i bought this car! :( should be a small learnng curve though

These are 13 year old motors mate, no such thing as problem free. I'd stop panicking for the time being and go for a blast.

Can't see a cat stopping oil being burnt, the system gets hot enough to burn oil with one in. Maybe boot the hell out of it and see if it goes. If not, check your oil levels before and after a spirited drive, see the useage.

i didnt mean it like that, i mean maybe the cat was stopping most of the smoke but now with the decat its coming out easier. ill check the oil level as i havent done it in a few weeks. and do you mean boot the hell out the car to see if the engine goesor the smoke??

Back
Top Bottom