Stani's Almera

it's from the loom that goes over the top of the gearbox and around the back of the engine. it's the same place as the other 2 connectors from the gearbox come from.

dans014.jpg

i got it, when the engine was away to go in i tucked all the loom in and around the engine and that one connection was jammed in behind a bracket thats on the back of the inlet which was very hard to see but after see-ing that picture i was able to see what kind of tape that connection was wrapped in so got it first time and the speedo no longer has a mind of its own :)

well i checked the oil level a ccouple days ago and itsc the same from when the engine was first started so its good as ive done a good 250 miles so far :) its running spot on and showing no bad signs! im not bad for a joiner eh?? ;)

well i checked the oil level a ccouple days ago and itsc the same from when the engine was first started so its good as ive done a good 250 miles so far :) its running spot on and showing no bad signs! im not bad for a joiner eh?? ;)

your muckanic-ing is certainly better than my joinery stani ;)

frank

some new clean car photos! unfortunately the other day i used a power washer on it and took some of my blue wheel strip off :(

2973667202a12305890769o.jpg

2973667202a12305890801o.jpg

2973667202a12305890827o.jpg

2973667202a12305890872o.jpg

2973667202a12305890847o.jpg

Yeah i am a computer geek and will be attempting it.

This car is really in good hands now - good work! Can I buy it back now? ;-)

I can see that you've modified it a bit - not really keen on blue stuff but grille looks great! Why did you remove foglights?

nice i didnt find it hard at all. apart from when i had to move the engine about 20 metres myself lol if you get stuck im here to help

Good stuff mate, I am dreading the lift on my own, I know i can lift 25stone, and i dont know how the block compares to this. I just got some worries about fitting the rings to the pistons and inserting the pistons into the cylinders.

This car is really in good hands now - good work! Can I buy it back now? ;-)

I can see that you've modified it a bit - not really keen on blue stuff but grille looks great! Why did you remove foglights?

it aint for sale unless i cant afford it lol the blue stuff is different and that explains me really. i dont like to copy people. as for the foglights i just didnt like them, and a swap come up for the covers so i done it :)

Good stuff mate, I am dreading the lift on my own, I know i can lift 25stone, and i dont know how the block compares to this. I just got some worries about fitting the rings to the pistons and inserting the pistons into the cylinders.

its hard to lift but easily pulled/pushed along a sheet of 6mm plywood lol as for fitting the piston rings, its easy just be careful with them and make sure you copy the pison ring gaps from the haynes. ive had previous problems with piston rings on my micras so thats why i get my short blocks built for me and i do the rest

Back
Top Bottom