steves 05 2.2 dci sx

Just saw this in description which bought up the oil plate "These gauges are a universal fitment so will work on any 12 volt vehicle (petrol or diesel), some vehicles may require oil filter sandwich plate adaptor to fit the oil pressure"
And in the picture it shows just a pipe and mounting bracket it looks like, excuse the noobness, where I get easily confused.

They're talking about if an Oil temp/pressure gauge is purchased.....

I have the exact same GAUGE on my mera dci (now removed btw) because i wanted to check pressure when the turbo failed months ago. I can tell you that on my car it doesn't go up than 0.5 bar, while a proffesional one on the garages I was working on readed up to 1.3. Also, there's a annoying noise because the needle bounces up and down a little...

Don't know if with a good condition turbo it will make it, or it was just because mines was broke. If you can wait some days I can refit it to check if it reads ok and doesn't make that noise :)

EDIT: I have drilled a hole on the right side of the intake manifold to take the pressure from there, in case anybody were wondering.

Well I now have the boost gauge home and wired up just needs installing now, I know edk put up that link for the take off but not confident in going through that way. Iv looked around and seen there's a bit of pipe I could put a straight pipe in onto the hose, like in this picture
PicsArt_1422652305706_zpsfd0a4f76.jpg

And then pierce a hole into this rubber pipe and then use the repair tape? It has a 600psi pressure rating so should be fine?
PicsArt_1422652441069_zps13f55f47.jpg

I would use a proper insert take off for hoses. Wouldnt take much for a leak.

I'd like to edk, just read a few horror stories with people doing it and the rubber pipe joint will be sealed around with strong resistance sealant then taped around to avoid leaks.

Hello been a while since posted but have a mad idea and don't have the photoshop skills to see what it looks like done? Wondering if anyone would be able to photoshop a n16 with snow camo wrap?

Wee update: playing around and put a old filter on, the noise is class just need to find a silicone pipe so fits properly :)

Attachments

• DSC_1466.JPG
    DSC_1466.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
Back
Top Bottom