STOLEN 99' Spec Almera GTi

ASP 4-2-1 header brought of Daniel a few weeks back as some of you may know. Always wanted one so though meh why not.

After removing my old eBay header I set about fitting my new ASP header. Having checked SR20forum, then dash, PGA and G20.net none related directly to the N15. I knew that the header has to be fitted from underneath compared to the old one which is fitted parts from the top.

The fitting took maybe 1hr in all with me and my friend helping, ie one at the top and one supporting underneath. We had to remove the front engine mount and lower the engine cradle tilting the header on its side and guiding it up into place. Also the oil dip stick tube needed bending slightly towards the alternator a bit (or I could have moved it between the two header branches) then it was on. Just have to work the angles as I did it on my mates drive. The top of cylinder 4 flange under the water feed housing needed grinding abit more, Charles had already done this abit before sending as it was a known issue with the early headers.

Of course the day I got it I gave it a good wipe down and polish as it was quite dusty. Once fitted and I fired her up to check for any leaks. It firstly went gold then rainbow with deep blues and purples and then finally back to dark cooked grey of the mild steel.

Haven’t taken it above 5k yet, well only the once :) Its louder that’s for sure even with the exhaust bung in the rear lol at the minute the timing and fuelling are set to standard. Im going to wait till I book a rolling road tune then remove the exhaust bung so after the tune up I’ll feel the power lol

pictures for your pleasure :cool:

DSCF9134.jpg

DSCF9151.jpg

DSCF9192.jpg

DSCF9187.jpg

DSCF9169.jpg

big much :eek:
DSCF9158.jpg

david

do the ports match up ok then? dont ve headers have to be slotted to line the ports up on a DE head?

Nice one David, look forward to seeing the results.

Whats the ground clearance like on the collector?

Looks great, but am i getting confused in thinking that cyl 1+3 should join and 2+4? Does this ASP header make more gains having the cylinders joing differently?

Matt

Back
Top Bottom