STOLEN 99' Spec Almera GTi

I've just read your thread from start to finish. I am very impressed with what you've done - it's an excellent example.

BTW - Pug Graphite Grey FTW - I painted the wheels on my 306 dturbo this colour lol

ahhhh p306 dturbo, cracking lil cars i had the 1900cc not the HDi tho. still great on the ol mpg, loved the max torque @ 2k lol

i am very happy with my GTi, im going to keep it running/looking nice for as long as i can.

Tuning wise im all done now, as from here its big money for small gains and engine out stuff - on a daily that’s a phat NO NO.
Id like 17's again but the drive isn’t as good as with lil 15's :(

ive said lots before, however someone stick a fork in me im done lol
dd

with it bing so wet lately i remember'd i had these. even my black bits beed
*there's a gag in there somewhere lol

IMGP0310.jpg

IMGP0312.jpg

IMGP0313.jpg

dd

ok today was Dyno Day, i think my last ever apart from a meet if it ever happens lol

14:00 booking which meant i had time to fit my pullies. which i thought a few days back, however fitted them last night. these should have been my first purchase without question. plus points all round, the extra pull can be felt from 1000rpm - 7000rpm. the engine now with cams, lightweight flywheel and now pullies revs like a b*tch.

@ Hi Tech

IMGP0007.jpg

IMGP0033.jpg

bung out chap ;)
IMGP0008.jpg

IMGP0016.jpg

IMGP0029.jpg

the fcuker pulled out all my spark plugs, the cheek lol

IMGP0018.jpg

compression test, 170psi across the board *mick looks cute lol

IMGP0019.jpg

invoice

IMGP0050.jpg

OMG argh i did, well wire brush. he said NO! You’ll fcuk em up as there Iridium one's and you'll scrap em eek
dd

old and new
IMGP0303.jpg

a tad wet for my liking, however its coming from the drain off when doing oil changes. i kinda use the drip gaurd too much eek lol
IMGP0296.jpg

7000rpm 5 times with no issues thus far
dd

not quite the 200bhp mark, its 196bhp @ 6400rpm. yeah ignition timing set to 19* and fueling set to 4bar.
its was 192bhp @ 17* ignition advance, however at 19 there gains everywhere.

IMGP0056.jpg

eveything tuning wise has been brought brand new and fitted by either myself or Joe (DE Guru)
160whp is common place state side for fully bolt on DE's

Dave Im actually shocked at the state of your enigne............ when taking your filter off unscrew it to release the air lock, and leave it for a few minutes, this will let the majority of the oil run back into the engine :) then as soon as its loose tip it on its end no spillages w00p

as already said, awesome, so it seems you gained quite a substantial amount from the header and pulleys :D

he does the run in 3rd gear too by the sounds of it

Few photos from the pre mids meet wash/dry and tyre shine. Been well mucky all week from the wet run up on the Butter tubs pass last weekend. All the layers of wax/glaze really helps the dirt and tar come off with easy yet still bringing up a decent shine. Still could do with a proper going over but with shakes in 6 days no point really lol

IMGP0303.jpg

IMGP0294.jpg

IMGP0299.jpg

IMGP0304.jpg

david

Back
Top Bottom