STOLEN 99' Spec Almera GTi

For a goooood while now my clutch has been getting heavier and heavier and just annoying and notchy and…………….. lol. So got home from work and decided to fit the new clutch cable ive had for about two week. After my previous failed attempt whereby I tried to disconnect it from the pedal side first, I consulted my local N15 guru and took another stab.

Well happy as only took 25mins to do, 15 minutes to remove and fit the new. 5 for pictures and stuff, then a further 5 or so minutes to adjust to how I like it. Would have taken even less time had I not removed everything on the cable at the gearbox side lol

Feels so so nice and smooth now, feels like that of an N1 lol
david

IMGP0316.jpg

where did you get the cable from pal? im getting my new clutch and flywheel changed soon so may aswell do the cable too :)

Dan

i rang up 2 weeks ago, either they've gone up like everything else or the chappy lied to me lol
£25 inc vat & del to my work is pukka for me
dd

I gotta do this soon on mine, as mine bites now @ the floor been like that since owning the car.

The new one looks longer? lol

Ill find out how much they are from Nissan

Well if the bite's on the floor... the cable aint tight enough, lol
Lets stop spamming Dave's thread.. look in the Q & A thread.. CoV did all this yesterday..
Joe

Tar bruv, i really dont mind tho

Yeah the new cable is longer, which some how helps. With the old cable coupled with an XTD clutch I had to fully adjust the cable till there was no thread left. I even had to put the 10mm locking nut on the wrong end to gain a few more turns of thread lol still the clutch pedal had about an 30mm of dead free play, which annoyed the fcuk out of me as it wasn’t there with the stock Nissan clutch.

Now with the new non gen cable the adjustment is little over mid way, with zero free play at the top of the pedal. The way it was when I first brought the car and silky smooooth too.
dd

Ayee thats exactly same as mine, Only thing I could do to get it less slack would be cutt off some cable then tack weld it back-together lol!

As Nissan just quoted me £90 quid.. Im off to ebay!

Back
Top Bottom