Stufagti's turbo build

It's question that's always asked mate. It's been answered many a time on the forum but costs and time are always rough as it varries between what parts and where from and time to take varries on who does it etc. Have a little search and hope you find what you're after :)

ok then

what parts did stufa buy - or what parts is he using to do his build?

i dont actually think there is one single list of a simple parts requirements for a simply turbo build out there is there?

No snow, but it was peeing down on Monday so we got wet and cold :(:lol:

Btw Stu is going to post parts list needed for Turbo conversion, with part numbers and I guess pirces too. Long awaited on the AOC I think! :)

More pics from this eve.

IMG_2605.jpg

Cunning little oil cross t-peice type thing for oil gauges.
IMG_2606.jpg

IMG_2607.jpg

IMG_2609.jpg

Clean block.
IMG_2610.jpg

IMG_2612.jpg

IMG_2613.jpg

Fitting BOV and pipes. My job for the evening :) Some pipes had to be cut.
IMG_2614.jpg

IMG_2615.jpg

Getting abit of technical advice from Turbo Technics.
Img_2616.jpg

More turbo detail.
IMG_2617.jpg

IMG_2619.jpg

IMG_2620.jpg

In she goes!
IMG_2621.jpg

IMG_2622.jpg

IMG_2623.jpg

Me grinding away...what we all came here to see.
Img_2624.jpg

IMG_2627.jpg

IMG_2628.jpg

Even got mrs. stufa helping out!
IMG_2630.jpg

IMG_2632.jpg

IMG_2633.jpg

IMG_2634.jpg

IMG_2635.jpg

IMG_2636.jpg

IMG_2637.jpg

IMG_2639.jpg

IMG_2641.jpg

good work chaps :D has the poil feed line got any kind of oil controll on it? like a washer with a small hole to stop to much oil going to the turbo? also you running water lines or not?

Water lines are going into the turbo, hence why it looks like Dr. Octopus in the thrid pic there :lol: Don't think there is any oil flow control.

Looking great boys :)
You can buy washer bottles for the rear of the car from Driftworks.. :)
Also the oil regulator should be built into the final attachment of the oil feed line.. Or the oil housing itself on the turbo.
Joe

not nessecerally jo unless you have orderd it specifically the oil lines will just be open and the turbo the same have a serach on SR20 fourm about oil feed restricters :D just dont want you blowing the selas chaps and having a smoke screen exhaust :D

Texted Stu about this and his reply:

"Yeah sure have :) they come with the hose kit I bought from Japan :), the bolt that holds the oil feed pipe on to the turbo has it :)"

^Indeed it is ;)

Oh also don't know is Stu mentioned but the Turbo is a stage 1 hybrid T28 GTI-R turbo. Lots of new biits put in hence it looking gleaming! :D

ah .... hi every one finally got a quick 5mins to get online and have a flick through the forum, yeah its all going good,

a massive thanks to edk for helping me as it would never be finished in time :respect:

im off out side now in the snow :(

going to try and fit the boost controller, connect the maf, insert the 2 water pipes connecters/feeds,

thanks guys,
im collecting it on wednesday from GT ART :D
cant wait

thanks again ed :D love ya

cheers ^

recent work;
i got the dremel out and cleaned up the inside of the elbow and smoothed the inside out abit,
100_1901.jpg

100_1902.jpg

100_1903.jpg

done this yesterday, indoors as we had 2 inches of snow and gale wilnds, so made little prgress on the build,

the car went of to pipecraft thismorning to get a 2.5 inch downpipe made up and an extra one for sim too ;)

collecting it tomorrow morning on a trailer ive hired and taking to GT-Art

more news to follow, when i get it back on wednesday :thumbs:

fingerscrossed

Back
Top Bottom