Stufagti's turbo build

yeah i have researched for a new one but the proper ones are well over £150-200 as they are so dam hard to produce,

the ones on ebay are cheap , FOR A REASON :lol:

a few people i know round my way that ive spoken too have full forged engines etc etc, running well over 400bhp, and still use the stock elbow :D

i will be fine for what im using it for :D

oh aye it will be fine matey.

there was a group buy on the gtir modifiers club for 3" downpipe including elbow

ah yeah i heard about them they take it straight from the turbo to the cat, then just tapping a thread into it somewhere for the lamba sensor :D

I just want it back ahhhhhhhhhh :thumbs:

im not aiming for any thing so i wont be dissapointed, but anywhere from 260-320 will make me MORE than happy enough :D
tbh even if i did make over the 300's i would use my B/controller to run it lower so to make it alot more reliable :D

the stg1 hybrid ive got can take up to 1.6 bar so thats more than enough i reckon other thing will max out before i hit max boost, ie injectors or the pulsar MAF :D

just speaking to someone stufa who spotted you out in basildon, says your almera was the first one he's ever been impressed by, so good work

ive got GOOD, BAD and UGLY news :D

GOOD, GTart are very good people, provide a good service, are very knowledgeable and run a very good business, with some EXCELENT cars theyve done and working on at present,
they had some uber nice skylines there :D they say they like to do superb job, once and correctly, and make the customer happy, and at £60 per hour it better be too!! :D

BAD, as they have got more work to do as i couldnt get it all finished off in time its will take them till SAT!!!!! which ill be there picking it up at 8am when they open :D if not i am going to be hugely fucked off! i did mention that to him :D
this is what i dont get he said it will take 1.5 days solid inc mapping to get it all done, so why so long seeing as it was booked in for MONDAY! yet he told me they wont start it till wednesday :( going to ring them tomorro and sort it out. :D

now for the UGLY, :(:( now, the chap that made my exhaust is a decent enough chap and very good at making exhausts, although is rather stupid as i found out,
he was given strict instruction NOT to start the engine due to the turbo not being connected to any of the oil and coolant pipes and no MAF which he also knew and seeing as i got it there on the back of a flatbed truck and collected it with a trailer!
i told him i would be there at 9am sharp to collect it which i was, but he was a bit impatient and couldnt get it of the ramp so he decided to start it up and reverse it of the ramp! what a fucking plank! were my exact words to him, he said that he turned it on and as soon as he saw oil coming oput of the cross section i made up for the oil feed he turned it off, which he said was about 10 secs, he didnt reverse it all the way off, he just got some momentum, so he said,
now if i get a phone call in the week from GTart saying that my 360 thrust bearing is shagged on my lovely new £575 turbo i am going to go mental!!
GTart says there is a 10-5% chance it could be fucked and i rang turbo technics and he said he has run the same turbo for up to 5mins before with no oil supply but after that it was worthless :) luckily tho! there was still the oil that was in it when manufactured which is the startup oil, so it would not have run dry as i kept the pipe bungs in but maybe over heated, :( i was nearly in tears sat ah :(

yeah its a N/A running low comp forged pistons for the pulsar, dont know for sure what C/R it is now but the pistons are 9-1 or 8.5-1 ive got a 1.2mm cometic headgasket too so id say about that :D

cheers almeraraje who was it youve spoken to :D

guy called bill, drives a white glanza V.

he just mentioned he was impressed by a subtly modded red almera, slammed, black wheels and big brakes.

so kudos

what a tit.

thinking out loud here, being a 360 thrust bearing does that mean its a ball bearings turbo or does it have brass journal bearings?

Having the name thrust bearing id guess that it would only come into play when the turbo was loaded up, i.e on boost.

If it broke, looks like the guy who made your exhaust owes you a turbo. Since he was under instructions not too, its 100% his fault imo.

yeah turbo technics and GTart said it should be ok, we'll soon find out :D

yeah the bearing are non-ball bearing
turbotechnics.com

as ed will agree when we went to pick my turbo up, they know there stuff and are very good and nice people :D
even ed picked up a few tips ;)

It should be fine Stu, nothing to worry about, providing he only ran it very briefly.
Turbo spins pretty slow at idle speed, and like you say, there was probably a small amount of oil residue in CHRA .

How much oil you had left should give you an idea how long he ran it for.

Back
Top Bottom