Syv's N16 2.2 dCi daily-project

that just looks huge :D 1.4cm shouldn't be a problem, guys who did this advised to go for the thicker one, thiner ones could bent over time, so will see how that goes. Haven't checked exactly, but from your pics there should be enough space.

Got the numbers wrong, stock flange is 1.4cm (+1mm~ gasket), mine is 1.6cm. From the looks there's enough room for that thickness, heat shield is sticking out even more and it will go off. The only problem this may lead to is the turbo studs, whose might be just too short. I'll have to use the thiner nuts or modify the flange, will see.
V, it cost me around £25 (UK prices will differ I reckon)
hdzl.jpg

Wider diameter should prevent the warping over time, was tempted to go for the triangle. And yeah, I'm holding it wrong, holes are in the right places.
7eop.jpg

Last edited:
Stock may be 1.4 but being cast the bend is 'crush' and tighter. So 1.6mm and trying to fit a decent diamter custom stainless elbow might be tricky. Just saying ;-)

-phone-

Reactions: Syv
progress on the exhaust, still need to get the clearance sorted (pipe in the pic is currently way too low) and the tip of the backbox is hitting the bumper. So still lots to do but it's getting there. Noticed increase in acceleration on the lower gears, sounds better too.

zhdi.jpg

0h9f.jpg

Been a while, so whats going on with the car.. Exhaust finished, previous issues with clearance are now fixed, no more fear for the speed bumps. Also welded 3" exhaust tip, looks pretty smart. Had to cover rear axle with some rubber to prevent the knocking sound, need to get the rear stiffer.
Oh and yeah, I've visited Dinitrol center for full underseal, salty roads are almost here.
5z5j.jpg

2lez.jpg

Reactions: edk
Nice upgrades and car is 100% better now after you took control. Look forward to seeing what's next in the pipeline, LSD maybe???

Sent from my  iPhone® using Tapatalk

Nice upgrades and car is 100% better now after you took control. Look forward to seeing what's next in the pipeline, LSD maybe???

Sent from my  iPhone® using Tapatalk

Cheers, I found out that making schedule for mods aren't just working right, some issues always redirects cash flow and the priority list changes. Like right now I'm having some rattling sound coming somewhere from the alternator and the new belt set didn't improved a thing. Also my rear shocks are on the way, so coilovers are definitely in mind. If funds allow, new wheels too!

Reactions: edk
Nice :) MOAR dci modding :D

@Raceworx there's the coolant pipe under the turbo I was telling you about. Damn tight. Hence for bigger turbo and/or tubular the coolant pipe will need adjusting.

0h9f.jpg

Would love to get wider downpipe there, too bad it isn't the only issue, turbo outlet diameter could be bigger too.

Disadvantage of VNT, exhaust flow is pretty shit. Certainly top end anyway.

-phone-

Last edited:
little anniversary, exactly one year passed since I bought the car. Not too much done mods wise but managed to fix some serious leftovers (SVC, resprayed roof, underseal, etc). Covered 4,000 miles since purchase, apart from knocking rear shocks and occasional turbo overboost there's not much else left to worry about. Hope to get more serious stuff going on this season, stay tuned.

Oh and it's almost service time so got myself some seriously looking filter panel. Won't make a noticeable difference but still..

itdr.jpg

Hey, I'm new to this site with really no idea how to post a thread on my phone but
I've got my 2001 Nissan N16 with
- coilover sleeve suspension
- strut bar
- 2.5" exhaust system with 5" tip
- hi spark coils
- resprayed interior - flat white
- fibreglass bonnet
- custom front grill
- bigger fuel injectors
- remapped ecu
Nice car, really happy with it. Has a sort of V-tec feel when it hits 4000rpm due to the ecu but I'm looking to make it better. Any ideas on where I could go next?

yrahunuv.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

When you saycabout turbo over boost what does your's do? Think i have the same problem:/ your almera is coming along nicely :)

It basically cuts fuel, i think we had similar chat before, only happens in higher gears (rarely on 4th, pretty common on 5th, haven't tried 6th) around 4,000 rpm. Sometime it doesn't and revs to the end. Done some driving with obd reader plugged in and yeah, no doubt turbo overboosts 1.5bar I believe and it cuts. So knowing this the problem might be in vnt turbo geometry (vanes wont open/close properly - not lowering the boost), boost sensor or something else. I have hybrid turbo in plans but that's not happening soon, leaving it this way for now.

With your New exhaust & other Mods, I think you are best off Putting the Hybrid at the Top of the List (should be done before any Mod IMO), I did follow this route but, just had some bad luck with the guy who sold me the 2nd hand Hybrid which had Play in it (he ran it just over 1k, & his car wasn't even mapped, so surprising as to why it failed).

I had my exhaust and other mods fitted at the same time when fitting the hybrid. But due to the above reasons standard turbo had to go back in, and at that time, it was fit as a fiddle, seemed solid no play or anything. I didn't have monies to replace the Hybrid so I drove for no more then 3k (if even that), and the standard turbos packed in. The standard turbos are rubbish as we all know. Any mods that gives you gains is naturally going to decrease the life of a turbo (and in this DCi case and mine even more so then any other Tubo'd motor).

I do have a Turbosmarrt FCD2 Fuel Cut Defender, which I don't think I will be using anytime soon if either of you fella's are interested.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom