Syv's N16 2.2 dCi daily-project

Might have to trying to save a deposit for a flat damn car end's up using the money :/ i'll have to look into it on my day off thursday

With your New exhaust & other Mods, I think you are best off Putting the Hybrid at the Top of the List (should be done before any Mod IMO), I did follow this route but, just had some bad luck with the guy who sold me the 2nd hand Hybrid which had Play in it (he ran it just over 1k, & his car wasn't even mapped, so surprising as to why it failed).

I had my exhaust and other mods fitted at the same time when fitting the hybrid. But due to the above reasons standard turbo had to go back in, and at that time, it was fit as a fiddle, seemed solid no play or anything. I didn't have monies to replace the Hybrid so I drove for no more then 3k (if even that), and the standard turbos packed in. The standard turbos are rubbish as we all know. Any mods that gives you gains is naturally going to decrease the life of a turbo (and in this DCi case and mine even more so then any other Tubo'd motor).

I do have a Turbosmarrt FCD2 Fuel Cut Defender, which I don't think I will be using anytime soon if either of you fella's are interested.

Performance wise, definitely turbo going to be next, but before that I will be doing some suspension mods. And I want it done properly, egt, boost, afr gouges to monitor the stuff happening. Also FCD will be happening in some time. The whole turbo kit is quite expensive, would like to do it earlier if funds allow.

Are the silver bits on the door card and dash from the factory or sprayed?

Sprayed. Wasn't the best idea to do that, paint is coming off now. blue pelt also not my thing, if anyone has marine blue door cards laying around let me know.

Car serviced and back on road, didn't pay attention to genuine nissan oil for almera, it's 5w30, will be alright for factory map but definitely will be looking for performance oriented oil in the future services. Never used any treatment stuff before so thought it's about time to see what it actually does, mpg had increased lately, will see how these do their job.

1_zps8d77a738.jpg

No performance mods in this post, but some progress anyway. 2JR short throw shifter sadly will have to wait for the right bushings, still highly recommended kit from b15 forum guys, worth the trouble I guess.

Also picked up new wheels for season opening. Royal sport bronze looks better in the flesh, crappy camera. Hope to gain a proper stance with these ones, slight concavity for the looks but nothing major to get the car barely drivable. Also yet to decide on tire measurements.

DSC_0002_zps7ccfa5c8.jpg

grids_zpse4832363.jpg

Shifter bushes make a good difference. Wheels will look hot. I just want some 16x7s, preferably GTLE or Ronal Twist.

V, I was tempted lol, these were quite a bit cheaper than your te37s and don't forget the shipping price+refurb.. Was a hard choice anyway :D These are wider for my liking, 8J +35 offset, should fit the arches nicely. Not very happy for the weight, around 8kg each. Should be around 17kg with tires on. Still to decide to go for 205/45 or 215/40.

Lol, sure we could have come to an agreement, shipping would have been not bad either I reckon... as these are Lighter ;) 6.9kg but 7.5j, I would have packed them inpairs, I was rocking 225 on my 18's on my Di, but on the 37's I had 205's.

How's the ride quality on 40's? After lowering springs not much comfort left anyway so no worries there. 215 width would be the right size for 8J and no stretchy looking.

I had 40's and BC collies, would deffo go for 45's next time round. ;)

EDIT: just read it again... if your not bother about comfot go for 40's lol, I think it will knock speed of by xx%, 45 is bang on IIRC

Last edited:
I've learnt that ride quality (in relation to tyres) depends a lot on the tyre brand/model choice, and while the profile does affect this, not as much as you would think. I sound like a broken record now but my 205/45 Conti Sport Contacts had a much better ride quality than 205/50 Flakens/Coopers/Kumhos.

Last longer too, so long term they're actually not more expensive. Go figure.

Back
Top Bottom