'The Sleeper'

Glad to see one of the AOCs most iconic members is still around. I do hope the car doesn`t sell.

Check the rake on that!!! OOOFT

Get yer name down for scottish modified mate.

Gonna be at banzai?

Yes, I will be at the Banzai event @ Crail on the 19th.

Provided that it isn't raining.

Here's hoping that traction will be better than last year!

Nice little monster in weapons grade black lol!
Trully awesome piece of work Dave!
Does raising the rear suspension help plant the power down?

The rear isn't actually that much higher than the front, but it does have a big ass tyre on there.

It does help with minimalising weight transfer, and also helps with lift off oversteer....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Glad to see one of the AOCs most iconic members is still around. I do hope the car doesn`t sell.

My wife is telling me that the car has to go!

Sorry guys...but until someone buys it, it's still mine...LOL!

Thanks for all the comments!

Cheers

Dave

amazing piece of kit, theres plenty of well modified almeras out there now but without being disrespectful to anyone this thing has to be the most complete one, would love to see it on a 1/4 mile, incredible car and a credit to you.

I just realised that everyone else uses the same thread if the post is related to their cars, and that is something that I have never done.

I suppose I should start now...better later than never.

Today I installed a secondary boost controller, thus enabling me to run with better control.

What it will allow me to do is run more than 22 psi...I'll see how traction goes with the M&H tyres.

Not much to show, other than the activation button that I had to install on the steering wheel...

BoostButton1.jpg

BoostButton3.jpg

Can any of the moderators move my threads that are related to my car and merge them into this thread?

I hope your bringing this car down shakespeare county raceway this year!

:thumb:

The wastegate spring is set for 12 psi.

When I hold the horn button (or what would be the horn) the boost rises to 22 psi.

With any luck, the additional boost control relay should allow me to increase it yet again to an even higher level.

I am hoping to make a weekend trip down to Shakeys this year, but I want to come down on a big A.O.C. day to make it worth while.

Thanks for combining the threads (whoever did it for me)!

Love your work Dave, keep it up & I hope you will be at JAE with your motor as I wanna see it in the flesh!!! :lol::thumb:

when ever you make it down to shakys.... i will be there... i soo cant to see this car in action... if stu's car is any thing to go by... yours must be truely outstanding :)

I'm going to attend Crail on the 20th, which will a kind of test day to be honest.

Even as the car stands just now, I am very confident that it will run into the 12 second bracket, with 120+ mph, but it will let me see if there is anything else that needs attention.

I may pop along to the dyno' at AVA next week to see if everything is OK, now that I plan on running even more boost (4th & 5th gear only as traction will be evn more of an issue).

I promise you this though, that I will be down south to Shakey's this year.

Bwahahahaha, well I'm just back after giving the weekly dust down of the car and I thought while I was out I would try out the second boost control relay that I had setup.

With only a relatively small port on the relay, I thought that it would maybe only bleed off enough air from the wategate control line to allow for maybe 5 psi extra at a most.

Well, was I in for a suprise...

After sitting in 4th gear and holding the button on the steering wheel to activate the second boost controller, I watched with delight, as the boost gauge showed the needle going past the 12 psi mark, but this sooned turned to horror as it rocketed past the 20 psi mark as well... :shock: :shock: :shock:

This is where I got off the throttle.

So in order to set it up safely, I have booked the car into the dyno' @ AVA tomorrow afternoon, with a possibility of going beyond 22 psi.

JUST DON'T BREAK YOU STUPID CAR!!!

Back
Top Bottom