Tom SRI Red

If its a good price and a good engine I'm all ears mate! Clutch is getting raped by all this ice round by me its soon to be dead and at that point I think ill just go SR20 :smile: I will miss the GA though probably only for about 10 mins tho lol. Im sure ur bro might want my manifold / induction from rujo for his SRi?

If you're getting an SR20 dropped in Tom, why not consider the option of adding side skirts? I quite like how your car looks now, the non kitted look, but that's an option on the table.

Having just gone from an SRi (all be it a standard one) to a GTi, I can tell you (if you havn't driven one before, you probably have?) the SR20 is fantastic!!

Yeah since I had the sills done they painted up quite high which doesn't look too cool :/ However I think I would have to loose the mudflaps if I had skirts :(

My mate ash has a GTi, it has allot more torque than the sri but he cant loose me! I have driven it a short distance and didnt like it cos hes on stock springs and shocks lol! SR20 would be nice just hoping my clutch doesn't fully fail before corbs can source an engine.

Pah, stock suspension.... Grandad was SR20 running on non GTi suspension with no problem. Just nail it everywhere. You'll be fine :lol:

Stock has it's advantages. I've started to have to avoid bumps and holes because it knocks about 5 years off my life each time I hit one.

Stock has it's advantages. I've started to have to avoid bumps and holes because it knocks about 5 years off my life each time I hit one.

Thats why I went for the Eibachs not coilovers! you get the handling and you can drive you 88 year old gran 90 miles with no complaints of spine fail :cool:

Its more speedbumps, I have to go over them at an angle at low speeds due to my coilovers being lowww.. dont wana do a Ross and bash the sump pan & kill the engine :cowboy:

Stock defo has its advantages ... Kinda miss my KYB shocks n springs combo actually

Hear good things about those Eibach springs

My mate ash has a GTi, it has allot more torque than the sri but he cant loose me! I have driven it a short distance and didnt like it cos hes on stock springs and shocks lol! SR20 would be nice just hoping my clutch doesn't fully fail before corbs can source an engine.

does he still have my old black one? (S625DFA)?

wondering where it was as he hasnt been on for a while, hows it going?

does he still have my old black one? (S625DFA)?

wondering where it was as he hasnt been on for a while, hows it going?

Yeah he does mate. It has a dodgy rear calliper atm other than that it's running fine. In a drag he can't get away from rujo! Probs the cam map without cams means I have a chance lol

So an SR20 conversion, some p2 gti lights and a megane splitter is where I think rujo should go next. I'm running out of ideas of what else to do.... I guess the SR20 opens allot of new doors of modification opportunity :biggrin:

Thats why I went for the Eibachs not coilovers! you get the handling and you can drive you 88 year old gran 90 miles with no complaints of spine fail :cool:

I'm only on shocks and springs too mate. It's still horrific compared to my smooth SRi on dodgy roads. The splitter gets in the way of getting on to certain car parks/incline/declined surfaces too by scraping loudly! You are right though, the handling is far superior.

Back
Top Bottom