White Si ALO ALO

i would change the filter every oil change because as soon as the clean oil passes through the filter it will go dirty within days i guarantee you.

It not that difficult if you remove the air box.

And sprint i think the only circuit board on teh GA throttle body is the throttle position sensor, believe it has a rectangular cover with Hitachi on it, or it may be the MAF which looks like this, either way there is a circuit board lol

downrodeo said:
better check breakdown cover!
It's a Nissan. You won't need it! ;)
The only time i've used breakdown cover was when some demented idiot smashed his hand through my windscreen and I couldn't see out!

My Almera has done about 23k since I got it in October (~2k a month) and hasn't missed a beat! (apart from the hesitation) :)

Nope, it's still the same :(

I'm down to a quarter of a tank so it'll be time for the other bit of Redex soon though.

The fact that sprint's tried all these solutions and still drawn a blank doesn't instill me with confidence though lol.

thats another thing i have used, injector cleaner, again no difference, was only a cheap one from memory but you would at least expect some difference from it if that was the fault etc.

my chain is silent, cars done 90k and other than this problem its faultless, even the oil has always stayed clean pointing to good maintenance, i have no history with it but it seems to have always been looked after but has presumably had this fault for a while before i bought it. it hasnt got any worse since we bought it in dec 05 though, has done nearly 20k since then with no sign of the problem getting worse (if anything its improved but its still there), im determined to get it sorted before i sell it in december but if its not the o2 sensor then i give up, only so many things you can change chasing a small insignificant fault that you learn to live with quickly.

Well I guess it isn't the chain then. Thought it might have been since both of ours were noisy, but yours isn't.

I did some research on injector cleaning, and some people were saying that even using in-fuel products sometimes wont do the job, and that you need to have the injectors physically removed and taken to a shop for high pressure cleaning or something.

Otherwise, most of the people that did claim to have some success only saw major improvement after two tankfuls.

I as i mentioned i did notice an impriovement the day after putting it in the tank. But then I drove it again yesterday, and although it was still better than before, the hesitation did seem to return a bit. Guess I'll see what happens with mine with two tankfuls two, but yeah, the fact that it made no difference to yours at all doesn't doesn't bode well.

I might pop to the scrapyard and grab myself a set of injectors and see if that helps, or makes any difference.

maybe i'll pull mine out and SHOVE A SCREWDRIVER UP THERE. THAT'LL SORT THE OUT THE COW. sorry. got a bit carried away. i wont do that.

iv got a spare engine complete with injectors, considered changing them or getting them cleaned but it could be a waste of time, they have O ring gaskets aswell iirc so i would need to source them first anyway. considering taking mine to a place that rebuilds engines and is meant to be decent at diagnosing problems on saturday, pretty local to me so i might just pop down and see what they say. if i can be bothered and have time i may even go to a scrappy and get an o2 sensor if they dont want too much.

righto. well do let us know how you get on. i'm a bit skint now until next payday, so i'm afraid my efforts are limited to injector cleaner for now.

I'm hoping I can sort the problem before I drive across europe in mid october.

It'll still be fine for your trip across Europe even with the hesistation, like i say, mine's done about 10k with this hesitation and its still fine :)

righto. Just to let you know, I drove for quite a while yesterday, and while 2nd and 1st gear still hesitate and give surges of power, third gear is perfectly fine and smooth. how strange.

Also, interesting how all our cars are 1.4 engines.

The problem is that it could be so many bloody things. I just read somewhere else that it could be a cracked fuel pump nozzle, although the fact that its ok sometimes and not others probably means its not. My fuel pump hisses most of the time, although i dont really care.

Yeah mine hisses too! I thought it was relatively normal though.

Fuel light just came on today, I checked the miles i'd done and i've done about 280 to the fuel light, which is much better than the 250 i usually get!

Yeah I think the hissing is probably normal, I've heard it on other cars.

James said:
Fuel light just came on today, I checked the miles i'd done and i've done about 280 to the fuel light, which is much better than the 250 i usually get!

Isn't that really appalling though from a full tank? I thought normal would be about 350 from 45 litres or whatever it is.

I'll need to check mine but it is at least 300, as I got that much caning it down from the midlands to london when i first bought it, and wasn't driving for economy but thrashing it a bit in the hope of getting rid of the hesitation. Obviously the higher above 65 you go the worse economy gets.

My economy has always been shocking, even if I drive nicely, so I just cain it everywhere now! lol

Back
Top Bottom