White SR20 N16 Sport

Havnt heard the vids yet but I chuckled when I saw the first pic. Something about a shot of the new exhaust from the rear and you numberplate ending in 'PRP' :lol:.

Sounds nice on lift off, nice burble. Can you feels much difference in power delivery?

Oh and go and get some fuel ;)

what you mean ed :lol: PRP stands for proper :D

Matt i love the lift off noise! Cant afford any fuel now! Im skint :( and yes the power delivery is much smoother and quicker :D

just after reading your thread there now lad :lol:
like what uve dwn with her lookin forward to seeing pics of the rims on :thumb:
sounds sexy 2
best of luck wuth her :D

Whats under the bonnet? About 110bhp 1.8, that exhaust and stripped yeah? Have you had any comparisons versus other members cars yet? The exhaust sounds awesome btw.

thanks dermot!

NNissan....yea standard engine 111bhp, new zorst, coilovers, major strippage :)

As for comparison, without the exhaust i was 0.1 second slower on 1/4 than pyscho_eddie (without my exhaust). And on track at mallory without the exhaust comments from tommo, patchie and fred gti were all good. No comparisons with the exhaust....roll on next RWYB!

Right then, whilst on the brake tester for the MOT there new electronic all singing all dancing machine displays the weight on each axle.....so here it is....just for ed.....

Total weight 1155kgs..........with 3/4 tank of fuel and a fat tester in the driver seat :lol: i reckon he was about 80kgs! So i reckon without him or the fuel were looking at around 1050kgs!

But saying that, how accurate is it going to be? Still need to visit the weighbridge to confirm :)

Lol! He'd never be allowed in the garage again xD

Went for a drive with liam last night with his "dyno" hooked up to my car and he ws on his laptop we took off down the link road.. and apparently my car has nearly 3000bhp lol! Then we went out in his and damn it handles well around corners even on soft settings and the exhaust is well sexy as fuck tbh :D Shame about the driver though ;) hehehehe

Nah on soft settings even in bucket seats it was really comfy. Just imagine those soft cushioned stock seats with coilovers on soft <3 I could quite happily do normal drives in coilys on soft setting

^ speaking the truth there dave!

Jaggs, i honestly do think coilovers can easily be as comfy as stock suspension, go for 6/4 spring rates (standard spec) and with 30 levels of damping adjustment you'll easily find a setting your happy with!

As dave said ive got bucket seats aswell, so having soft standards would make it even better! I reckon you wouldn't notice much difference.....in fact, ask edk, as he has coilovers and standard seats :)

Aye tbh even with liams buckets the only difference i noticed was arse support :P Its abit uncomfy in the respect due to lack of cushion. But as far as coilys go the handling is VASTLY improved even on soft but ride qaulity is hardly compromised.

thats a good weight there liam :)

get it on a weigh bridge and see what it really is, gotta be nearly a tonne i reckon :)
empty your screen wash fluid and fuel :lol:

yea im happy with that weight!

I did plan on stripping a few more bits out this weekend but as its still in the garage i havnt got much choice :(

Nah ill leave the washer fluid in, just leave it low(ish) on fuel. So the weight i get is the weight it'll be used at on the street/track :)

As for the weighbridge, its 50miles away and funds have now depleted to nearly zero until payday at the end of feb :( bloody car :lol:

Nah on soft settings even in bucket seats it was really comfy. Just imagine those soft cushioned stock seats with coilovers on soft <3 I could quite happily do normal drives in coilys on soft setting

I very happily drive mine daily with my coilovers. Superb things that they are. 6/4 and about 1/3 from the bottom damping setting. So on the softest damping setting it might be even more comfy!

Very interesting about the weight Liam :thumb:

Right then, a mini update :)

But firstly, ed, i have my coilovers 6 clicks from the hardest setting....no wonder ive got a bad back :lol:

Right then, a bit of a dissapointment today, decided to look thru the MOT stuff again, discovered the weight to be 1200kgs :( a tad annoying to see that apparently ive only saved 65kgs :( but to cheer myself up, i decided to weigh myself, 70.4kgs, so the bloke who tester the car must have been nearing 90kgs as he was a fairly large chap. So that would bring things down to 1110kgs(ish).

And even better news, ive been busy the last few days removing more stuff, the dash, firewall carpet, various brackets and clips from behind the dash, spare wheel, jack and tools.

Ive just weighed them and;

Spare wheel, jack and tools -- 17.7kgs

Dash, carpets, brackets ect -- 9.4kgs

So thats another 28.1kgs removed, down to 1082kgs(ish) now.

Then whilst i was looking for yet more stuff to rip out, i got thinking about the heater matrix and blower assembly. Its quite large and i reckon its got to be a good 10kgs, so i was thinking if i could get that out, is there a 'plug and play' electric alternative i could get just to keep the screen clear?

So i found one, it was just over a tenner, i doubt it'll even weigh a kilo. So on monday/tuesday when it turns up, i shall be ripping out the HM and putting this in its place :)

Im now on the hunt for some fog light blanks, pov spec manual door mirrors (save few grams as theres no motors inside :D).

And finally the cars going on the dyno and a weighbridge next thursday (the 18th). Im hoping for around the 1080kgs mark and 90-95whp.

I had wanted to get her down to a ton, but this isn't going to be easy or cheap, as even with GRP/carbon bonnet, boot, wings and plastic windows i doubt i'll save 80kgs :(

Ive attached some pics of the inside for you lot to laugh at :D

Enjoy.

Attachments

• Dash1.jpg
    Dash1.jpg
    424.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Dash2.jpg
    Dash2.jpg
    499 KB · Views: 44
Serious strippage! Good progress mate.

Give me your instrument surround Liam please :D

Back