White SR20 N16 Sport

Good job on the rust proofing & sealing there. Did you get the zinz primer from halfords? Just curious if halfords usual primer contains zinc as ive got few cans of it laying around!

Keep up the good work lad

and also an mot failure!

you have to have a windscreen demister (only bit of the heaters thats needed like!)

just thought i would say i talk SHITE

lol

its an SVA you need the screen demister (still thinking prepping a car after import lol) not for MOT - it doesnt matter about windscreen

but your better off having one lol if your gonna be driving it on the road

Eddie....it was halfrauds Zinc Primer, so im guessing it has Zinc in it lol!

I think i caught it just in time, a few more months and it would have been rotten thru :-D

Wayne, im thinkin about gettin a leccy one, as using a cloth is gettin quite annoying now lol!

Evening,

A little update and a few pics! I met up with dysopath last sunday, sold him my SXE wheels, then proceeded to swap over my electric mirrors for his manual ones, and also my fog lights, stalk and relay for his fog blanks! So its just the manual windows to figure out now!!

Also taken delivery of the first goodie for the swap just awaiting the rest...should be anytime now :D:D:D

Pics...

Strippage
CIMG0177.jpg

Fog blanks, before, during after...
CIMG0197.jpg

CIMG0198.jpg

CIMG0199.jpg

New manifold
CIMG0211.jpg

CIMG0206.jpg

CIMG0205.jpg

As the pics show, ive modified the passenger side fog blank to allow for cold air feed, not got any pics of them fitted yet, am too lazy!

Anyway, im sure there will be plenty of updates over the next month or so....SOOOO EXCITED NOW!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Niiiice shiny stuff. Looking forward to following your swap.

That's what I did with my fog blanks for a cold air feed, added 2 grams of mesh behind it though which I guess you're not doing ;-)

looks sweet. might be a idea see if you could use manual window mechanism from a 5 door (rear windows)

Darren

also im not sure if you have already removed it or not

aerial cable from head unit to aerial
rear jet washer hose.
unnecessary cables such as speaker wires from head unit to door & electric mirror cables

rear brackets that cover suspension mounts in black + sound deadening
http://www.almeraowners.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5298&d=1251500980

rear seat mounts that cover the original seat belt (front)
http://www.almeraowners.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5360&d=1252850356

roof bracket held in with 10mm
http://www.almeraowners.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5297&d=1251500980

after that get the dremel out and start cutting

Haha wraith....no mesh here! Cant afford 2 grams lol!

Yea darren i have remove all the above apart from the wiring in the doors. Ill wait til the central locking and electric windows are gone, then ill just pull the complete looms out :)

My god Liam - you really are going for it ! I can see quite a few upset Gti owners here - I would love to be there when you first take her on the strip. CTR's are gonna have the shock of their life, lol.

David....im fairly pleased with it aswell, build quality and welds seems good, my only issue is that the secondary pipes seem a little on the small side compared to size of the header pipework.....but for 110 notes i cant complain :)

Elliot....me too mate, a week to go before its underway :)

Sounds like an easy(ish) swap the way that Quicky explained it...

I'd maybe have to pop a little tubby on there for good measure!

Yea he sure does! Cant wait now!

Wezz, i hope your talking to me and not the car???!!!!?? She has sensitive ears you know ;)

Back
Top Bottom