White SR20 N16 Sport

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

one tin for me did all the stuff in the front, I had two layers in mine

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

Eddie, was going to use heat gun and paint scraper. As Sam said, it does get messy, but ive already got the tools to do it that way :)

Sam, i'll try the spare wheel well with the heatgun and depending on how it comes off, ill buy some of that spray :) may aswell try first!

+1 to freezing it!

the best way to remove it i find is to wait till its well cold like now, and then twat the floor of the car with a rubber mallet and it all breaks up and saves you having to clean any black sticky shit off afterwards. I spent all last year preparing race cars and after a couple of months doing it the hard way, my boss came and showed me the freeze and hammer technique and i felt like a rite knob.

For under the bonnet you could cut out all the underboonnet bracing, your bonnet will fibrate around like a bitch tho.

Fair enough mate. If its going to be that easy, ill order a couple of tins and hope they turn up by wednesday :)

As for cutting the bonnet frame down, i plan to get GRP/carbon bonnet so im not overally worried out mod'in it at the mo :)

Are you sure you mean #29? I mean, you can have the screw if you want, but i'have thought you would have meant #27 ;)

Ed, ive just been and had rummage in my box of goodies...your in luck!

Its in pretty good nick, few light scuffs. Its yours if you want it? Ill bring it to exeter for you if you like?

Right then,

The epic strippage continued yesterday, with the heater matrix, blower motor, ariel, dvd player and speakers all being ripped out!

What an arse of a job to get the heaters out! Had to unbolt the steering column and cross bar, drop it down a few inches then yank the bloody thing as much as possible! But nevermind, its all out now!

So thats it, theres nothing else left inside to remove! Only options left are manual window conversion, and manual mirrors which are planned :-)

Either that or get the grinder out lol!

I was also a good boy and did some 'maintenance'. Finished off the undersealing.

I only had the sills and floorplan todo tho.

The sills were fine all the way along apart from the back ends on both sides, which had about 1mm of surface corrosion, so 1 sheet of emery cloth, half an hour, and a dead arm later, these were rubbed back to the bare metal, zinc primered and then sealed up very very well!

See attached pics for before middle and after....forgot todo a pic once it was down to bare metal..doh lol!

Cheers

pics...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    583.6 KB · Views: 84
  • Zinc'd.jpg
    Zinc'd.jpg
    503.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Sealed.jpg
    Sealed.jpg
    618 KB · Views: 80
Yea no worries boss!

Three weeks today!!! Return flights are booked, various bits have been aquired or are on route *big grins* soooo excited!

Cant wait to get it on the strip again, she what she can do!

Incredible strippage. What you doing for power? 1.8 with filter and backbox I read? Seems a shame to strip so much and not wack some more power in. It could fly.

Liam you should make up an aluminium centre panel with switches etc on :)

Might be a good idea to get one of those little demisters that rally cars use too as you'll find that not having one will be a pain in the rear.

Back
Top Bottom