Whooped

my old 1.4 mera could keep up with my pals rover 220gti beat 205gti's and vtr's
and managed to get it of the clock on a private road:D

The nearest private road to Livingston would be the M8 I think. Incidentally, the only time I ever got my GTI to nudge 140 was there, so it's a pretty decent private road. ;)

I didn't know motorways were classed as private roads. I might try that next time i get stopped by the 5-0. "sorry officer, this is a private road and i shall travel at whatever speed i want"

what have us done to ur 1.4's to make them tht good lol. aye have one and the only stuff aye can beat is ned's int there corsas

ive not long had my n15 ph2 gti, completely stnd. ive only played with;

mondeo 24v V6
saab 9000 turbo 90'
cilo sport 172 (he had 3 ppl and i was already ahead when i took off)

and beat them all. really want to see what else i can play with as i dnt get to use my car during the wk jus on the wkends.

muir26 said:
my old 1.4 mera could keep up with my pals rover 220gti beat 205gti's and vtr's
and managed to get it of the clock on a private road:D

damn did you turbo your 1.4 because i know they are slowwww 12 seconds to 60 and would get its arse handed to it by a mere rover 214!

CoV said:
damn did you turbo your 1.4 because i know they are slowwww 12 seconds to 60 and would get its arse handed to it by a mere rover 214!
funny that as my other pal got a 214 later on and I could play with it all day each time he put the foot down first I always went past him :D and before you ask it was the 16v 214

probably had the gasket on the way out :p 85bhp vs 105bhp, would be like racing a 1.4 almera against an SRi mera with an exhaust...

Yeah the 214 I used to have was pretty quick. It seemed to be a bit crap up top though, I can see how a lesser powered car may slowly keep going to a higher top speed as I seemed to hit a brick wall at less than 120. Speedo on it was very accurate as well though...

Back
Top Bottom