Wraith's N16 Almera Sport

Yeah Steve, I was guessing that it would be something like that, will get the guys to look at it when they do the service.

Ed, not 100% sure what splitter to go for but the Cupra-R one looks good, I'm sure someone around here has one and it looks good.
I know what you mean about the black - could look great or terrible. Going to be a while before I do it but PM me a price for the bump strips!

Im glad your happy with your new car mate I got the sport + version with 42,000 but for half the price you paid and it was genuine to. well hope you have the best of luck with it mate

Had it a year now mate and still love it, just some niggly things have appeared that could be fixed if I had a few hundred quid spare.

Sounds like you got a real bargain, I got a bit shafted by Arnold Clark TBH.

New splitter on, new pads and tyres, full service and suspension tweaked and it's running really nice.
Still got a drone from a bearing on it's way out but neither I or the guys in the garage can pinpoint what one.

Gave it it's spring clean today - wash, de-tar, polish, wax, trim and tyres etc and looking good despite the dings,
scrapes and hastily repaired rust patches.

Had a nice drive home and then did this in ASDA car-park..

Pick-up saw me pull in and revered out the space behind me, I reversed out to straighten up and CRUNCH.

No-one's fault really, just one of those things but still a pain.

Thanks, it looks fine right up until you are about three feet away and start to notice all the dents, dings, scratches, touched-up rust patches and oxidised chrome on the wheels, Really needs a strip and respray and refurb for the wheels but the budget cannot stretch to that right now.

Looking good mate, loving the splitter. Shame about the accident in Asda, at least it wasn't bodywork though. SCB have a couple N16's in so you'll be able to pick up a light no prob.

Sports Car Breakers. At Newbridge. Best to give them a quick call first to save you a journey though!

Thanks, TBH fitting the splitter was a pain, it can be made to fit but not that easily, took the bumper off and had to cut V shapes out the back of the splitter to bend the ends in and it needed a fair bit of force to bend into place.

I'm not saying it was some sort of nightmare (only took about an hour) and others say they had no problem getting theirs to fit (maybe I got a slightly different version?) but there must be something that's a better fit.

Cheers mate. TBH the bodywork needs a lot of work due to parking dings and nearside doors that were riddled with rust but still looks good from a distance :)

Cars looking Ace mate keep it up, hope you managed to get hold of a light Iv got a spare if you need, mind you iv got the 2002 1s, cuz Iv got ph1 lights on mine now. Where did you get the wind deflectrs from they look nice are there the decent 1s ed was talking about that slot in the rubber off the window 1s..? Cuz the double sided tape 1s come off easily lol.

Fixed the light the next day, a new one from Nissan turned out to be as cheap as the scrappy but thanks for the offer.

Deflectors are 'Team Heko' ones from e-bay (probably other places too). They slot into the rubber and are sort-of held in place buy their own springiness but have double sided tape too, however the tape was crap and wore out after a few weeks and they just didn't sit right without it. Superglued them in one I decided I was keeping them, just have to be careful as superglue will make an unfixable mess if it gets where it shouldn't.

Coilovers went back on yesterday, still looked a bit high so dropped it another inch..

Click the pics for bigger versions.

Apologies for mobile camera quality and the need for a wash :)

Handling is soooooo sweet again.

Very very nice. Once I've finished payming massive amounts of cash just to keep my N16 Sport on the road, hopefully, I may try some mods. Then again with 108000 on the clock maybe i shouldn't bother...

Love the alloys especially.

Back
Top Bottom