98 VZR N1 Project

Car is taxed, insured and back on the road as of today. How I missed vvl. Quiet the step up from a 1 litre polo lol.

Stupid update but changed the front wipers today and I need to change the motor for the rear window washer. Have one here either way.
Going to look into swapping the pockets from the other interior into this one to get rid of the stupid speakers too.

Also got depressed looking at what my psychotic 70 something year old neighbour done to the passenger side quarter panel last year :(.
May get it sorted this summer when I have free time and more cash.

Also forgot how much fuel 8 injectors use when driving hard :/

I'd get rid of the rear wiper V2 style!

I reckon you could fill the screw holes with fibreglass and paint them Black and you wouldn't notice.
Any pics?

There is a plug in the boot that fills it anyway? Or do like Sam done and get a blank plate off a arcade games machine?
I like the rear wiper tbh, its handy even if it doesn't look great.
The speakers bug me a lot though!

Dont want to post pics rob, it upsets me haha. Looks the exact same as original pics bar the quarter panel is dented in. Its not creased and the paints not cracked so I hope it can be heated and popped out properly by professionals.

Spare wishbones polybused. I will never again polybush wishbones unless I pay someone else to do it!
The grease that comes with them is seriously sticky stuff too. Just need new ball joints and they can be fitted.

2012-04-14173930.jpg

Also removed the rear washer pump off the old n1, still needs to be fitted to new one.

2012-04-14173953.jpg

Guess I can show these also since I just sent Dylan payment for them. Only done a few hundredth miles since new :D.

IMG_0181.jpg

Honestly......

Hammer and chissel to get off the big rubber on the outside.
Gets a bit farmerish here but I took an angle grinder too the inner metal part and then bet it off once I had split the metal.
Not the best method I would think but it done the job. Fire might have freed it a bit to beat it off but I didnt try it.

yeah there is a metal piece in the centre of the rubber, it's a press fit onto the arm and is bonded to the rubber. for nistro's we used a hacksaw to get enough of the rubber piece off to bare the metal inner piece, then a dremel with a cutting wheel to split the inner piece.

Fitted the badmoon 2.5" catback just there now. Still standard mani and cat.
I was shocked by the difference in power it made
biggrin.gif
. Pulls really well. Cant wait to fit the mani and decat.

Sound it very good too. Quieter than my 5zigen was at low rpm and really nice up top too.
I am sure it will be a different story with the powerland mani and 5zigen decat fitted though
biggrin.gif

Oh yea fitted the HKS intake last week, it got rid of the hesitation in low rpm that the n1 intake flap was causing. The sound in vvl is sex with it too
biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom