98 VZR N1 Project

2012-05-13163624.jpg

2012-05-13163711.jpg

Its smaller than 5zigen I think lol.

I need to order tyres for the rear gti wheels to get them back on and spacers for the rear imo.

Should have the bcs in a few weeks too :D.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Picked this momo corsa and boss kit up off Nathan last weekend

2012-06-28225141.jpg

Also removed the rocker cover off the other n1 engine to remove the cams
Looks in good enough condition I think.

2012-06-27200213.jpg

Fitted the heat range 7 ngk iridium plugs too. The ones in it were range 6 and non iridium, dont know if this will make much of a difference...

Also swaped out the door cards for the seria ones as the speakers were annoying me. Im going to swap to a full seria interior.

nice wheel choice :) looks good inside the head too. so do you have a both a serie n1 and a lucino n1? or just a second n1 engine?

....phone....

I have both but I am breaking the serie one as the shell was in poor condition from some previous owners neglect.

Just keeping the engine from it minus the cams and intake manfold as I intend to start collecting bits to rebuild it bigger and better in the future.

Got bored so went out and done some more bits last lol

Got the poly engine mounts ready for fitting

2012-06-29003717.jpg

Installed poly shifter bushing on the spare shifter bars to see was there much difference in play and to see would it be easy to do under the car, it will :D.
2012-06-29003744.jpg

Im going to move the shifter ball on this one up slightly to to make the shifter throw shorter as well and install it.

2012-06-29001655.jpg

fit the shifter bush off the car, it can be an absolute bastard trying to get the washer and the nut back on,

Thanks Sam. I discovered that myself trying to remove it.

Think I may have left the shifter on the box in the end and dropped the whole lot together.

Sent from my GT-I9000

just remove the bracket that bolts to the rear engine mount bit, with the two 12mm studs/nuts on.

Fit it all up in one piece, alternatively just fit the ones you have off the car pictured, this is what I did.

Few small updates copied from other forums from last 2 months.

Bought a timing gun. Adjusted the timing to +11, it improved the hesitation a lot. Then said fuck it and threw in the powerland ecu and set the timing to +7.

I hadn't really noticed the difference with this ecu fitted on the last car as I was only driving it 1 week before I bought the ecu and was not used to the car.

I can safely say it made the world of difference on this one. Serious improvement in power and response. Low rpm pull is a lot stronger and much more power up top too.

Delighted with it
icon_e_biggrin.gif

Also noticed the ecu that was in the car was a Nissan replacement. Original must have been goosed at some stage. Exact same internally from inspection as powerland bar the daughterboard obviously.

Picked up a nice torque wrench that goes from 40nm to 220nm too. Slowly building up my workshop
icon_e_biggrin.gif
Engine stand and compressor are next on the agenda.

file.php

Low and durty lol
icon_e_biggrin.gif
. Courtesy of BC coilovers and living in the countryside
2012-07-30195602.jpg

With **** all baggage haha
2012-07-30195442.jpg

Snapped a brake caliper bolt. Replaced it and dust seal copper greased them.

2012-07-26191759.jpg

Also fitted a new cv boot on the short shaft. No pic.

So the poxy brake line that I spotted was frayed the other day burst today, luckily I was parked in work on the phone and it burst when I pumped the brakes out of boredom. The fray occurred because someone had held the line with a cable tie instead of the proper clip before.

Got the car home using the handbrake. I had the other line removed and ready to install tomorrow with 5.1 fluid so it was just unfortunate that it burst today.

I also cleaned, raised and refitted the front Coilovers on Saturday. Taped the threads up like Sam had also. Great idea as it was even a pita turning the threads and these are fairly new and had been covered in copper grease.

Anyway sorted out the burst pipe today and fitted the Evo calipers and Clio 182 disks. There is a big difference in size between the 2 calipers.

Completely bled the system with the 5.1 fluid. Inspected the rear pads and disks too but they had loads left and bled them too so all the lines have fresh fluid.

2012-08-17192949.jpg

Also new wheels.
Yokahama Advan racing rg2

Fairly sure there genuine, Have the stickers inside the wheel, the raised advan writing on the side of the rim and on the spokes and all that. Even if there not I got them at a steal locally so not to fussed.

Seems to be a better offset too, sits out further than the gti rims
Makes the car look a lot better I think. Maybe some small spacers on the rears?

2012-08-17194019.jpg

Pic of the UR racing pullies I bought a while ago.

2012-08-17202557.jpg

Shock shifter ready for ball to be moved. Havnt got around to doing it yet.

2012-08-17202632.jpg

Ive also purchased a low mileage sr20de engine that I know to be very healthy and performed well off a member too, still to be collected along with a few other bits.

Think that is just about everything that has went on...

Good updates there bud :)

4-1 manifold sound amazing. Get the collector replaced on the powerland, the standard one is shocking!!

OK really didn't keep on top of updating this once again:/. Ill start back last year.

Refitted the interior fairly soon after removing, pita for daily driver plus looks stupid when normal people aka women get into passenger seat haha.

Refitted the standard air box.

Sold the powerland mani and refitted the n1 mani after seeing johnny's dyno that fuji was basically as good as powerland.

Took the car off the road the end of October iirc and bought a saloon vzr of Damo for the winter then sold it to Dylan.

Car went back on the road start of march approx, went for nct flew basically bar tracking and a number plate falling off lol.

Bought 2 ad08's long story short bad tracking and camber they lasted 6 weeks haha.

Bought moog ball joints to finish sorting the polybushed wishbones eventually.

Bought a few tools etc for the garage, air compressor and kits, gas torch, multi meter etc.

Bought the 88mm cp pistons off Sam and a 4cw bottom end off Dylan but that's for another thread.

Bought some tdm ridged collars, they were for b15 and i never noticed. Haven't tried to fit them yet.

"Bought" a fidanza flywheel, it never turned up, in the process of getting my own back on the cunt! Trying to buy another one at the moment.

Fitted my whiteline 4 point underbrace.

Fitted my polybushed rear beam bushings.

Raised the front coilovers a good bit before the whiteline bar was broken to pieces.

Bought a cold air feed and fitted it.

Bought a snap off kit but still have to fit it.

Bought a Do-Luck panel fitted and fitted it.

Painted my poly wishbones and fitted them.

Removed and copper greased all the nuts and bolts in the front suspension and brakes etc and cleaned up everything as much as possible.

Replaced two wheel studs.

Removed the n1 intake flap part that was stuck closed.

Fitted seria front drivers seat, when removing passenger seat noticed one of the nuts welded inside the chassis was spinning when loosening the bolt so tightened it all back up till I can find a solution.

Sprayed up front brake calipers with high temp paint as were flaking a bit.

Im sure im forgetting stuff. There is a serious lack of pictures due to breaking my smart phone drunk around xmas and only replacing it recently lol.

Collected my cusco diff off Damo today at Tullow "drag races".
Its basically about 200 inbred honda owners racing down a grain yard private road along with a few other normal folk too.

Anyway got home, removed the nissan badge off my bonnet, removed it from the open mouth grill, done is such a way can be reattached though! No pics opps.

Removed the insulation from the underside of the bonnet, looked rotten!

Nissan mats in need of a clean, comparison of wishbones and the fog blank that needs the hole bored out bigger in!

Managed to get a free tracking plus camber alignment set up for tuesday while drinking last night too :D!

Back
Top Bottom