98 VZR N1 Project

More diff and underbrace.

juvu9ure.jpg
e8ytyvym.jpg
2e5ezysu.jpg
u4aza3az.jpg
qavutyma.jpg

Getting the suspenions set up tomorrow. Unsure of settings but im sure they will help
1.25 camber was mentioned before on here. Will that much excessively wear the inside of the tyres?

Just get toe to 0 I presume?

I run 2.5* camber. With correct toe, wear isn't an issue., so it all depends what you want from the car.
Run slight toe out for best handling.

I ate the inside of my AD08's with 2.25 cambers and 0/0 toe, after ruining one set I went sensible and did 1.25 camber. After a year with this camber setting perfectly even wear over the front tyre now... somewhere between 1.25-2.25 is the sweetspot. Going 1.75 myself next time, the rear beam has like 1 to 1.5 camber so u want more then your rear ideally

Might be that the track type tyre with stiff sidewalls that are more sensitive to camber change, if you have normal road tyres probably can go for more adventurous camber settings

That's an RS not an MZ

Whats the difference? How do you tell?
I was in damos car with it fitted and handled like nothing ive ever been in so happy either way.

I ate the inside of my AD08's with 2.25 cambers and 0/0 toe, after ruining one set I went sensible and did 1.25 camber. After a year with this camber setting perfectly even wear over the front tyre now... somewhere between 1.25-2.25 is the sweetspot. Going 1.75 myself next time, the rear beam has like 1 to 1.5 camber so u want more then your rear ideally

Might be that the track type tyre with stiff sidewalls that are more sensitive to camber change, if you have normal road tyres probably can go for more adventurous camber settings

Ill probably go for 1.5 so.

I have to agree on the normal tyre vs them im running cheap 60 sidewalls the last week and handles fine bar tyre squeal where the ad08 was being eaten alive and dangerous.

Some excellent mods done,how much of a difference did you find the under drive pulleys make to the motor,also are you running a ebay header or fuji header ?

Poly engine mounts are one of the most under rated mods imo.

I haven't fitted the pullies yet. Flashbacks of cut knuckles from tensioning the ps belt has put me off doing it but I think I will unbolt the side engine mount to do it this time and it will hopefully help.

I would probably say the rear axel poly mounts are the most underrated mod tbh but poly engine ones are good too.

The MZ is far more aggressive than the RS, the springs you can see through the holes are how I can tell.

Iirc That's not all of them only if whoever bought it originally specified they wanted it adjustable, could be wrong there though.

パルサー JN15 SR16VE 1997/09~ LSD185F 1way フロント ビスカス MT FF車用
パルサー JN15 SR16VE 1997/09~ LSD185C15 (1&1.5way)初期設定1.5way フロント ビスカス MT FF車用
パルサー JN15 SR16VE 1997/09~ LSD185C (1&1.5way)初期設定1way フロント ビスカス MT FF車用

I'm not sure what's in the box I've bought, not likely to know for a while either.

Cusco diffs are renowned for being very harsh, but I'm willing to bet not many people have played with friction modifiers, the right oil can make all the difference with a plated lsd.

Got it all sorted.
The rear wheels are a bit to the left iirc but thats down to being lowered so much he said.
Front left caster was out a bit too.

Was late back to work from lunch and forgot to get it. They have it saved on the computer and if im not happy will sort it free within a month.

Got it all sorted.
The rear wheels are a bit to the left iirc but thats down to being lowered so much he said.
Front left caster was out a bit too.
You can get an adjustable link to reset the wheels to centre. I think it may be a B15 item but it works on our rear axle too.

Yea ive seen them in a few places cheers Spook ill consider it :).

Just took it for a good drive, its actually pulling hard to the left again even though it was done on a brand new machine. I blamed the old machine before but noe im lost.

Im fucking pissed off, the readings were all pretty much perfect. New wishbones gone in since last time. Arb bushes are perfect, coilovers should be too. Different wheels to last time.

Whats going on?

Back
Top Bottom