Andrew's new piccies

mitsuibuish fto caliper on

finally got one of the new brake calipers on tonight, needed a couple of washers as spacers but they fit like a glove

spec:

Mitsuibushi fto gpx calipers
Renault Clio 280mm disk
EBC red stuff pads
Almera gti Goodridge stainless hoses
Dot 5.1 fluid will be used

enginein028.jpg

enginein032.jpg

enginein030.jpg

they fill the 17" wheels nicely

enginein031.jpg

They look awesome andrew! really show off the pad underneath. ive just finished upgrading mine to goodridge hoses and 5.1 as well this evening.

sri_alan said:
They look awesome andrew! really show off the pad underneath. ive just finished upgrading mine to goodridge hoses and 5.1 as well this evening.

well got one side done then came in, my old brake lines with the nut have rounded off so will ned to get that fixed next before connecting the hose right :(

yeah i had the same problem on the sri and the autech, but with both it was only on the front passenger side (?), must be due to the extra dirt picked up on that side. i had to resort to mole grips. as long as you have 2 flats out of the 6 on the nut relatively ok, you should be able to tighten it up alright.

I like them black,mine are black, i dont feel the need to advertise i have brakes, and it shows th eyellowstuff through them :cool:

They look great Andrew. Where did you need the washers? I tried to fit mine the other day and it seemed like i had to put a 3-4mm spacer between the disk and the hub. Was this the same for you.?

Jme_GTi said:
They look great Andrew. Where did you need the washers? I tried to fit mine the other day and it seemed like i had to put a 3-4mm spacer between the disk and the hub. Was this the same for you.?

yeah thats where i needed mine, just was sitting to close to the carrier and rubbing

Looking great Andrew, glad they fit ok....see i told you they would! Be good if you could borrow a GTi wheel to test fit over the brakes.

rowdy-GTi said:
Looking great Andrew, glad they fit ok....see i told you they would! Be good if you could borrow a GTi wheel to test fit over the brakes.

yeah they fit perfect, just to hook up the hoses

got the rear axle swapped over at the weekend to so will do all the hoses at once,

aye a trial fit would be handy for other's

Andrew smith said:
aye a trial fit would be handy for other's

If you make it down to the Edinburgh meet you can always try my spare, if you don't mind changing wheels in the middle of a car park...

...I'd be happy to change if you don't wanna get dirty - I really wanna know if they fit under standard wheels!

beretta93r said:
If you make it down to the Edinburgh meet you can always try my spare, if you don't mind changing wheels in the middle of a car park...

...I'd be happy to change if you don't wanna get dirty - I really wanna know if they fit under standard wheels!

i dont mind getting dirty, yeah thats a plan, will have to remember to take my wheel nut tool ( which i always loose)

syms said:
how close is this off being complete bro??

soon

-waiting on an altenator (chromed jobbie)
-fit new radiator
-waiting on rear discs and pads
-connect up brake hoses/ handbrake cable
-order BMC induction
-Get 2.5" cat back fitted
-MOT

Mid april it will be on road

then do interior, fit leather seats, retrim door cards, etc

gna b rocking when ita finished. If i didnt spend all day everyday fixing other peoples cars id do something similar myself!! keep up the good work!!

Back
Top Bottom