Andrew's new piccies

andrewb said:
looks well smart, how long do you think until its up and running? in the progress of dropping my new lump in when the weather gets a bit warmer. in fact ill start a members ride, been meaning to for ages.

also where did you get your lightweight pulleys from? and do you think they will make a noticeable difference?

pulley info

http://www.almeraownersclub.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=16332

hopeing to go to donny this year so aiming for running and mot'd for April

its in (well half of it)

well got my finger out over the weekend

with help from my mechanic mate jason we finally did something

replaced the flywheel and clutch with the new Fidanza and ACT

THEN..... :D :D :D

enginein004.jpg

enginein007.jpg

mostly black will just have a few stainless polished bits, subbtle like the rest of the car

enginein009.jpg

Only hitch is the pipe for the powersteering is shorter on the sri compared to the gti ( which someone cut :O ) so new one will have to be bought

hopefully get the gear box in 2morow night, then start connection of wires pipes etc

looking good man :D, hoping to have mine back on the roads by easter. cant believe how clean yours is looking after spraying it! I've had that problem with the power steering too and have to get a connection crimped back on at a JCB place 'cos my mate reckons a jubilee clip won't hold it! its all fun and games......

DET engines are more expensive, higher insurance and not as easy a conversion to make as you can't get a DET N15 loom, as you can with a DE (I assume the DE loom isn't quite right to use on the DET engine, if it is, tell me I'm wrong).

nothing to stop you adding that extra T at a later date though :D. I'm thinking about it already.

Cars coming on great Andrew, keep up the good work. I`m not over keen on FSE`s, the NISMO FPR unit is better and virtually a direct fit.

Darren198712 said:
I was just thinking Why a SR20DE transplant not a SR20DET ?

well basically i cant be bothered fecking about with turbo's to much to go wrong .

im planning to get the gti engine up to around 200bhp which will do me nicely

well got something else arriveing soon, something iv always wanted, so this was a opertunity not to miss, and finish the car off nicely

Dobo's leather interior, :D :D cant wait :D

seen this at JAE last year and looked so good

will need to re-trim my door cards in black leather, but thats nae much hassle.
also going to cover my fibreglass door pods in black vynal

PCDV0045.jpg

almerainterior.jpg

Corbs said:
sweet! Are you going to do the parcel shelf in a similar style?

nae thought of that, planning doing the fibreglass boot build also, cover it in black vynal,

the parcell shelf usually isnt in the car, as its never left in public places that often

Back
Top Bottom