Biscuit Build

The VE cylinder head is the bollocks, but it comes with one problem!

Using one makes you a VE gay fag bum, who takes it in door number two with a pink dildo!

Your only jealous Dave

Ammar i cant wait to see this once its all finished, should be awesome.....

but Joe is Right!

It'll be shit no offence Ammar.
Purely because of the rev restriction.
The problem will be even further magnified as you'll most likely be using HUGE cams to support the extra displacement, putting even more stress on an already flawed valvetrain...
Joe

Will the longer stroke crank not reduce the ability to rev anyway? With the increased capacity the power should be made lower down the rev range and the useable torque will be closer to the midrange. You could always use a VE head but swap out the valvetrain so tt you don't have VVL. I seem to remember that there was a monster turbo build that used a VE head without the VVL bits and made redicilous power due to it being the best flowing head of them all (standard).

Squish clearance/Quench zones..

I might get some welding done to decrease the quench area.. but thats not all my top priority..

As we've discussed Joe, i'll be revving to just over 8k safely, and then work from there.

Everyone seems to give up on DE's till they reach a limit, no-one seems to fully push them.

I'm happy to do that before i move to VE which for the same money i can get more power but thats not what i want

It'll be shit no offence Ammar

Tbh Joe, you know as well as i do, it will NOT be shit. It won't be all high revving etc.. but WON'T be shit!

If my aim was to rev ridiculously high, i'd just end up being a fanboi and buy a Vtec of some form. B16 B18 K20 whatever... Or even a bike engine. But thats not the aim

dude before you sell your pistons check the rod length as i think you might finds its the pistons that have there wrist pin moved to compensate for the extra stroke! if it is those pistons would be usless for anyone else..

personaly i would'nt bother building an N/A lump, with that bottom end you have and a GT3071R in a T2 frame youll have a lag free ticket to 450+BHP no need to rev the tits of it when you have 400ft+ lb of tourque stick it in 4th/5th and watch it pull clean past 95% of most things on the road whilst there all screaming wait dude im not on cam!

dude before you sell your pistons check the rod length as i think you might finds its the pistons that have there wrist pin moved to compensate for the extra stroke! if it is those pistons would be usless for anyone else..

personaly i would'nt bother building an N/A lump, with that bottom end you have and a GT3071R in a T2 frame youll have a lag free ticket to 450+BHP no need to rev the tits of it when you have 400ft+ lb of tourque stick it in 4th/5th and watch it pull clean past 95% of most things on the road whilst there all screaming wait dude im not on cam!

Yeah, and you can be screaming "wait dude i'm not on boost!"

I've checked roughly using a tape measure, waiting on my digital verniers. but it is the rods that are shorter

i would check properly dude your only talking 2.5mm difference and the pistons do state on the side CP pistons for SR22 91mm crank if they were just for a normal SR20 they would just say that..

dude its the pistons dont want to be the bringer of bad news :-

cp-pistons-specsheet.jpg

Image0118.jpg

the top one is a standard set for the SR20 the bottom are the ones your selling..

check the compresion height meassurments..

that 0.1 inch difference is 2.54mm

100% dude seriously the rods are just standard SR20 ones.. the pistons are pritty much useless in anything other than a stroker kitted car..

which is why id say fuck N/A got turbo. :)

Can i just clarify one thing here, it is NOT the rev limitation that will hold this motor back in terms of how much power it can make, it is the headflow.

FACT.

Strongly disagree tbh.
It's the weak valvetrain which forces DE owners to use cams that will make peak power below 8k... To do this they can be no more than about 290/300* duration.
On the big blocks in the US they have the need for Kelford cams with 315-325* duration which a DE valvetrain would not support- you'd run out of revs miles before you made peak power.
Which is the beauty of the VE head- it's safe.
Flow wise, even the worst of the DE heads is miles better than vauxhall and ford equivalents- and there's 275hp C20XE's and Zetecs out there - all with 310*+ duration and 9000rpm rev limits which is what ruins the DE's chances
Joe

Back
Top Bottom