Biscuit Build

also this will be a large 2.3 not a 2.2

hope all goes well dude, props for keeping it pussy DE but you would make more power with a VE head and as already said, will be safer for revs, having said that, this motor wont really want to rev with its big shaft (crank) but fuck it will be grunty

Anyone built a SR with a stroker kit on ere?

Been searching can't find one

Wezz you've hit the nail on the head, with this fucking beasty mahoosive crank it aint gonna be happy revving anyway.. but some light motherfucking pulley, rods, fly will be coooooooool :)

Wezz you've hit the nail on the head, with this fucking beasty mahoosive crank it aint gonna be happy revving anyway.. but some light motherfucking pulley, rods, fly will be coooooooool :)

look on neovvl.co.uk mate ... guy by the name of EddieVZR ... has a 2.2vvl

Steve

Joe just answer me this, why does a 20VE with N1 cams make 200whp, but a DE with higher compression (12:1CR) and more agressive cams make less?

Have you looked at the SR24VE with N1 cams making 290whp at 7300rpm?
Judging by that, youre basically saying that a 24DE can make 295WHP too?

You might also want to check your headflow info about zetecs and XE's, ive found them to be very similar in comparison to a DE. All limited to about 300-350 crank hp theoretically, which doesnt include the simple fact that a valve isnt always at peak lift.

How the head flows below peak lift is critical.

Dont take it the wrong way bud, but trust me on this.

The rev limit/reliabilty is a massive advantage of the VE, but my original comment still stands on what limits how much power a DE can make.

I'm only going on whats been said to me by an expert tbh - Having had every DE head available along with a VE head.. All examined and worked on by someone who's built hundreds of XE and Zetecs, all he can do is praise the Nissan stuff, head's are beautiful. The only thing he strongly disliked was the DE's floating rocker arms.
It's been proven a VE flows better yeah - the DE is still a great head though tbh.
The VE's intake ports are just colossal in size but very shapeless which dosen't always help flow. The exhaust ports are just like those of a RR DE.
As I said above I still think the DE's are great heads- it's just such a shame you can't use cams that will support big power because of the rev limitations. Which in my opinion is the sole reason I bought a VE head - mine is not going to struggle to breathe anyway is it let's be honest lol.
Joe

If you switch to a solid lifter on the DE, you can rev past 9000 rpm, which is usually the limit for the hydraulic setup.

However, please note that at 8600 RPM, you are already on the limit for the piston speed tolerances (hence why mine is limited to 8600 rpm)

It depends what you want to do really, be it an awesome DE or an awesome VE...both are good!

The piston speeds are getting dizzy at those revs aren't they.
Although it makes you wonder, with the likes of Mazworx revving to 11000rpm with 86mm stroke, and hundreds at 9000 or more.
Strange isn't it really

Is that not what I said like 35 posts ago? I dont know much about motors but I know that a greater distance takes a longer time to get there.

its one size fits all....IF the cranks not been touched/ had a re grind, or if its defo i spec

i plastigages my acls just to be sure, which on a stock crank was fine....6k miles later they look like new :)

because they're probably cheaper than new Nissan ones, and who wouldnt replace the bearings if they had everything out of the block.

Back
Top Bottom