Change of direction Daily to Track toy

well i say mate matt black it spoiler, grill, trims, alloys, and black side repeaters with maybes black insides on front lights, lowered and keep debadged ;) that will be a winner :lol:

Look what arrived on Thursday, thanks Rick
92266b4c.jpg

Yes it's a large long shaped box but inside is my phase 2 N15 GTI rear apron/splitter
288ecd60.jpg

Yes it's the wrong colour but with a little cutting to the exhaust tip area and this will be a direct fit to the N16 as discovered recently by Phil over on AOC (Thanks Phil)
0a2986f7.jpg

A few more bits to take up space in the front room until I can get the others and get them fitted and painted really cannot wait just hope the other deal goes through on time?

Right a few more things arrived today to add to the pile of items on the to do list:
New licence plates with a personal twist to them, reversing parking sensors, large quantities on epoxy resin chassis paint ready for undersealing the underneath of the car, exterior Sports + door handles and most importantly my club stickers thanks very much Hally.

I'm still awaiting my car ramps to arrive so I can press on with the protection work, I'll try to get images if I've managed to avoid covering myself in more paint the the car...

Japfest felt like xmas to me this year as I knew I was going to be collecting some goodies for the car and I was not disapointed at all with what I recieved, thanks going out to Liam from AOC top bloke and a good laugh also thanks to Nabber for couriering down my Nismo bits from Jason and dcal (Dave). Also service kits from G.

Anyways time for some pics of my SE+ interior being fitted yesterday after unpacking the car (couldn't think of a better way of spending an hour on my birthday then getting these in and oh what a difference they make comfort wise also fitted my Nismo gear knob after removing a little bit of the shifter to lower it a tad and my Nismo Strut brace which has improved the stability to the front of the car no end and has made turning in on the corners so much more fun (coilovers would make that complete).

Before with old interior
1af2e896.jpg

35249993.jpg

84d2b8d3.jpg

During
3c1a65e1.jpg

ec6eb623.jpg

4ecceb26.jpg

5a672f73.jpg

After (could do with a good clean but am well happy with them)
87efa5e2.jpg

ada2c165.jpg

b9aba216.jpg

Gearknob
b98c28ff.jpg

a1983ba3.jpg

Strut brace
56bc86de.jpg

6118f06a.jpg

83037720.jpg

328affd6.jpg

I'll but some more pics up once it's been shampoo'd as its had a good clean with the dyson but really needs a good scrub as it's as dusty as hell! (Liam)

Just to add the whole interior had the Dyson treatment before some funny f*cker states it needs a clean!

A marked improvement :thumb:

But boy yes does it need a deep clean throughout!

:lol:

A marked improvement :thumb:

But boy yes does it need a deep clean throughout!

:lol:

I knew there would be at least one! It has had that deep clean throughout thanks to my dyson DC31 Ed. But new seat will get some foam loving to bring them up a treat...

Yes I read you bit about the dyson, but it needs more! :lol: But I'm not just talking about the seats mate, I said 'throughout', meaning the whole car!

Yes I read you bit about the dyson, but it needs more! :lol: But I'm not just talking about the seats mate, I said 'throughout', meaning the whole car!

Ok in the pics the whole car reqired a clean since the pics I spent two full charges with the Dyson cleaning the interior the carpets the floor mats the dash no part of the car was left unhoovered apart from under the front seats as I had to pick up some bits and had ro rush to finish fitting seats.

As for the engine bay it is a lost cause there was a kind of lacquer on the rocker when the previous owner had it and when he used gunk to clean the engine bay it went that colour as part of the reaction so it aint gonna get much better without a new rocker etc.

Anyway did you get my txt as forgot to grab the disc off you at Japfest as arranged?

Excellent Rich :), they're probably like the SXE seats? More padding and adjustability? I remember my ph1 Activ seats (very basic model) were so poor in comparison.

Excellent Rich :), they're probably like the SXE seats? More padding and adjustability? I remember my ph1 Activ seats (very basic model) were so poor in comparison.

These are heaven mate head rest is spot on also

where did you get the Original N16 Sunshades from ? im guessing Nissan?

I bought them from ebay company was called direct 4x4 they are listed at £50 ish but I missed out on a listing they had sold for £40 so emailed the asked if would sell for the price last one went for and they agreed and I bought one set then picked up another set for Ant for his motor. I will email them again and see if they will honour that price etc and see if I can arrange with them to allow all AOC members to get them at that price if folk are interested?

All other parts for this are now at the paint shop awaiting me getting my front bumper so they can all have paint. While there my paint guy asked why I didn't paint the rear spoiler, rear apron, side skirts, bump strips and front spoiler in techno grey and give the car a different look with the silver broken up? I said I'd have to see it photoshopped to decide so am trying to sort that now any help appreciated?

Ok this is more a suck it and see addition to the N16. Now I missed out on my desired addition to the front bumper the lovely 2nd hand Giacuzzo splitter at a bargainous price, so when I saw this I thought for the price I'd take a punt on it and if I hate it in the flesh then I don't have to use it and can always sell it on if my preferred options becomes available?

Now apparently it is a part of the STX Styling - Inspiration body kit and I can safely say the images on the website would be enough to not buy the kit as clearly they have used photoshopped images that are a very poor reflection of the bumper.

So anyway here are some images of the bumper fitted to the previous owners N16 it doesn't look too bad it's a tad chavy but I have some ideas for getting the fog lights fitted into it so there isn't an overload of mesh etc.

1678b0d0.jpg

2ebbbb0e.jpg

Also I managed to grab a hotshot cold air induction kit and rocker cover with red painted letters on it to replace my one with the damaged finish from a reaction to gunk (dealers must have coated engine bay with some sort of lacquer)

72e0e6f5.jpg

Not seen that kit before & you're right, the photo-shopped pics on their website are gash ! However, I actually think the front spoiler could look ok if it was modded a bit. As for the rear, if you got rid of the mesh & didn't extend the depth as much it could look good too ie. just go for a standard looking rear bumper but with the 'venturi-effect' diffuser in the middle. :)

Not seen that kit before & you're right, the photo-shopped pics on their website are gash ! However, I actually think the front spoiler could look ok if it was modded a bit. As for the rear, if you got rid of the mesh & didn't extend the depth as much it could look good too ie. just go for a standard looking rear bumper but with the 'venturi-effect' diffuser in the middle. :)

I've only got the front bumper for the kit I am going to use p2 rear apron from N15 GTi and standard N16 side skirts. I want to modify it for fog lights etc how else do you suggest to modify it?

Yeah, I'm also looking at using a rear Gti splitter with some modifications then colour-matched. As for the front end, I'm toying with removing the kidney grills & the central plastic completely. Then using something else that hasn't been done yet on an N16 - as far as I know, lol !

I wouldn't lower your car on springs unless you can find a pair of H&R (also known as FK) jobbies. Kingy has them & they work well - lower w/out gash ride quality :) They are hoofing expensive though . . . . . :rolleyes:

Um. yeah. sorry about the duurty interior :lol: I did give a quick 'valet in a can' but its quite dusty in the unit!

Oh and FYI the shit on the rocker cover will come off... That happened to mine whilst using gunk, I then used some Autoglym degreaser and some fine wire wool which got it all off. But it doesnt matter now you've got a pimp painted one :thumbs:

Cars coming along nicely Rich, not bad for a daily eh? :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom