Change of direction Daily to Track toy

I wouldn't lower your car on springs unless you can find a pair of H&R (also known as FK) jobbies. Kingy has them & they work well - lower w/out gash ride quality :) They are hoofing expensive though . . . . . :rolleyes:

If I decide to lower the car it will be on meister r coilovers and probably only once the current springs give up the ghost which with the roads I drive on daily could be soon! ;)

Um. yeah. sorry about the duurty interior :lol:

Oh and FYI the shit on the rocker cover will come off... That happened to mine whilst using gunk, I then used some Autoglym degreaser and some fine wire wool which got it all off. But it doesnt matter now you've got a pimp painted one :thumbs:

Cars coming along nicely Rich, not bad for a daily eh? :rolleyes:

Cheers Liam I know it's my daily but as I spend time in the old girl it's only fitting I keep her in fine fettle. I'll try the wire wool on the rocker cover if it comes off easily enough I may sell it on with the head I collected yesterday for a bargainous price.

Ok I need opinions guys I want to install phase 2 headlights on my N16 they normally come with black surround but I've seen a set with a silver/grey surround as the car is silver I'm thinking they will look better then the black ones what do you guys think?

I can't grab an image right now as image is from eBay

Yeah some were. Might work on your silver I don't know. Could always prise them apart and paint them black.

-mobile phone post-

jfyi

grey

$%28KGrHqIOKigE1z-,ct%28bBNkdCC%28Hz%21%7E%7E_12.JPG

black

$%28KGrHqUOKp%21E1qimg9%28KBNkc86QT%29Q%7E%7E_12.JPG

adflyer-baydf-777155-1.jpg

i think the lights with black surrounds will look better on your car dude... breaks the silver up a little..

It could do but if I am colour coding entire car silver then the grey will fit more then the darker ones don't you agree?

Thanks Phil can see the difference now lol

Cheers bud I do hope the grey suits the car as with the strips possibly bring colour coded there will be only a limited amount of black on the car & not really enough to justify black phase two headlights. On a brighter note (see what I did there) I've found a couple of phase two fog lights for cheap so they will be going into the modified front bumper to give it a different look once my m8 John works his magic on it.

Ok after a brief design discussion with my paint guy the plan is to remove all mesh as the finish & prep work done to the bumper wasn't up to scratch. then refit the central mesh and the two kidney meshes. The mesh by the fog light area will not be replaced as I have a set of phase 2 round foglights that will go in and be fibre glassed into make a perfect fit I will probably paint these to colour code the edges.

We also discussed raising the central part so there isn't a gap between the bumper and the bonnet and it sits flush, hopefully that will give it a more tasteful look and not leave it totally out of place and chavved up.

Hopefully we will get cracking on this and the side skirts rear apron etc in the next few weeks once I've got a spare few pennies...

Right another minor update with a few pics on a rain affected day that stopped progress. Fitted OEM set of non slip rubber trim inserts to the thin space by the handbrake, in the spare din slot & the storage flip up section. Well pleased at finding some more OEM bits to add to the old girl.

Also fitted new exhaust trim & changed out the old pollen filter that was so grubby that I'm shocked that the bloody thing was able to actually flow any air through the vents.

Exhaust trim 3.5" in preparation for the rear apron going on and me getting round to fitting a cat back system when the backbox finally gives up the ghost

5d1cf478.jpg

5bdbafd9.jpg

Pollen filters should never look like this!
4f325c97.jpg

If the rain stops anytime soon I'll get my chrome exterior door handles fitted and get some pics uploaded. Unfortunately the rain didn't stop so this will get sorted in the coming weeks.

Oh and before I forget my heated seat components arrived today so I will get cracking on installing them on the N16 and on GTT.

yeah its a pain on my phone too lol, as for my email addy its my username here at yahoo dot Co dot uk :)

- I'M ON MY MOOOBBIILLEEEE!!!!!!!! -

yeah its a pain on my phone too lol, as for my email addy its my username here at yahoo dot Co dot uk :)

- I'M ON MY MOOOBBIILLEEEE!!!!!!!! -

Did you get my email of the heated seat components?

Ok look what arrived today and I like them very much and they are not too light or dark so will fit my colour scheme very well, once the bumper is back I will crack on with fitting them...

65d90a96.jpg

73263c3e.jpg

704a73c8.jpg

Ok a few goodies arrived in the post over the weekend so I thought I'd post up some pics and a few sneak pics of the work that's been carried out today at my m8's bodyshop.

Firstly my Nismo rad cap from Tarmacsports arrived care of a generous discount from Chris the owner:

53fbd877.jpg

a076c4f3.jpg

Here is the OEM one it was replacing

db2fc2db.jpg

Also I ordered a set of universal mudguards with Nissan burger printed on the rear, for the car as I wasn't sure I could customise the OEM ones to fit the side skirts that are being fitted tomorrow no pics of these as well they are nothing out of the ordinary but will post pics once they are fitted should they fit.

Now today was a busy one with some fettling and running around to get bits sorted on the car. So the plan of action was get the bumper on check for any issues with it being fitted then make any adjustments and then fabricate the positioning for the ph2 fog lights. It was also decided to fit the ph2 headlights at the bumper wasn't a great fit with the ph1 lights so it was clearly a mould made with the phase two lights in mind.

Here is a picture of the front end without bumper and with new lights finding their new home, yes rust will be sorted tomorrow also.

311a0b2c.jpg

Cutting some room for the lights to fit
6d63ef5d.jpg

1406ca52.jpg

53088252.jpg

5c9c5617.jpg

Both fitted prior to bumper being tried for size
40216ae0.jpg

So after getting the lights in place and the bumper on we moved on to the fog lights and prep work for additional fibre glassing and paint going on.

c3b002c1.jpg

ea2759e6.jpg

cb2d753c.jpg

68a9a75c.jpg

6ee6fb63.jpg

What to do with all this mesh?

1d5d781b.jpg

06910084.jpg

Bump strips removed

98d46272.jpg

2cf75ef4.jpg

We finished early as John was feeling a bit under the weather and I had coursework to go home and finish so we will commence again early tomorrow and get her all sorted and there will more pics for you all to see then.

Sent from my iPhone® using Tapatalk

Ok day two and things are progressing but not as quickly as first hoped as fibre glass requires time to go off etc as does glass filler, regular filler etc and then careful positioning and fine tuning etc.

Here are some images of the hard work involved in getting the fog lights fitted and the bumper modified
b628731d.jpg

36447372.jpg

6a1970d7.jpg

ec16ca29.jpg

8a80e30b.jpg

56192c1b.jpg

e2d65092.jpg

61cdc73b.jpg

The final finished article before paint
a65c24cf.jpg

e60acaf1.jpg

26a6636f.jpg

43f0f3e2.jpg

The start of the other side cardboard for the base then fibre glass over the top several layers
bdd6354b.jpg

4f57f4a7.jpg

9839de4e.jpg

d457bb24.jpg

4e78e0e2.jpg

So while John pressed on with the technical bits I decided to tackle the rust the fitting of my new horns and bumper removal etc ready for the Phase 2 GTi rear valance and rear parking sensors.

Damn rust!
b26bc476.jpg

6ed403ab.jpg

116c0622.jpg

7b1c8c91.jpg

2f62a862.jpg

15709f3d.jpg

Sent from my iPad® using Tapatalk

Rust be gone and new horns fitted, area untreated will be done in black as it will be visible through the mesh on the bumper
73fe3aae.jpg

7db9c2e1.jpg

720b00a9.jpg

d19c5d35.jpg

bef15b05.jpg

5014b8a2.jpg

139b0404.jpg

541525da.jpg

Old horn, new horn guess this is as good a time as any to be horny???
cee00283.jpg

These are sections cut out of slam panel for ph2 lights to be fitted
32b93e45.jpg

Mudguards to go on if they fit the side skirts
d8bbece5.jpg

Now just when I thought all was going well I discovered that the ph2 GTi rear apron isn't exactly a direct fit as the bumper has more curves and there is cutting required to get the fit right
dbab0dd4.jpg

9f3f3044.jpg

584a48b9.jpg

232ededb.jpg

92df41ea.jpg

00487a8a.jpg

That's your lot for today hopefully get some more pics tomorrow but it's a busy week and I may not get a chance to get over to there with my coursework etc due in. :(

Sent from my iPad® using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom