Chris180's New GTi

Failed MOT. No surprises there. They waited to see the outcome of the MOT before they were putting the CAT in, obv to save themselves some work.

Seatbelt insecurely fixed (loose bolt) - easily fixed

Offside rear to flexi brake pipe corroded - booked in to be sorted

Major leak @ rear flange/rear joint
Emissions, carbon monoxide content at idle and after 2nd fast idle excessive
Lambda reading after 2nd fast idle outside specified limits

(the above three should be sorted once the CAT is fitted and leaks are sorted which getting the garage to do while pipes are being done)

Service brake efficiency - either need to be stripped and cleaned or new pads/discs

so yeah not the end of the world and should hopefully be sorted by Tues, fingers crossed

One of the worst feelings when that red sheet is handed over mate, I know

Looks like you got away with just a flesh wound though :)

And advisories?

Steve

Yeah, not to bad, had worse! More concerned about the emissions cause it's not something you can chuck money at to fix lol!

Advisories ain't bad, wiper slight detoriated, clear side repeaters ain't to bright and front brake pipes slightly corroded or something like that.

The autech failed the emissions because the midpipe-backbox was leaking, sorted that out and it passed first try :)

Not too bad at all mate. You will deff see a difference in emissions with the CAT back on, the cat is designed to burn off harmful emissions. as for brake pipes that can happen to any car

Unlucky Chris, but should be an easy fix!

@ Stig - My N16 passed emissions with a 4-2-1, sports cat and catback. So it is very possible to pass with one!

Unlucky Chris, but should be an easy fix!

@ Stig - My N16 passed emissions with a 4-2-1, sports cat and catback. So it is very possible to pass with one!

it is possible yes, on newer cars prob even more so, but older ones without a good remap you have no chance.

A 4-2-1 and a catback shouldnt make too much difference in performance, and a sports cat can be borderline. but with obdii then the car has so many sensors it can adjust itself. the N15 is pretty primitive compared to this so the ecu wont adjust itself too much.

Reactions: IT
Off to go pick the car up. Just fitting the CAT just now so fingers crossed passes the emissions part.

Didn't need new pads or disks which I'm surprised about since front disc didnt look great when we fitted them, anyway who I am to argue. Just needed un-sticking.

Happy boy, fingers crossed when I get there its passed the emissions and still happy!

Picture.jpg

JAE bound now, woohoo :lol:

Its always had `high` emissions ever since the header was fitted, even with the OEM cat on, but last year was the 1st time it failed, it was just outside the limit on the 1st go, then they tried it again & it got worse!

Dunno what they did to it, but it it scraped through eventually.

Glad its got through again! :)

Told ya the brakes would get thru an MOT just being freed off.

Good result on the emissions, thought you may struggle there. Woohooo!

Back
Top Bottom