Chris180's New GTi

I don't remember anyone saying anything about raising the rear, just ppl banging on about lowering the front more. Anyway theres a difference between not listening and not being bothered!

Thanks Corbs but think Ross/Rick have some that I'm going to get but I'll get in touch if change plans :)

Thanks mate, had some trouble but eventually got there! Hows your build coming along? Still got that wee bin ;)

On another note, the finish on the paint looks fantastic., and I like the blue/black combo. I just don't like the ride height/reverse rake look.

Bloody YES Chris, that looks amazing mate :thumb: Been waiting for more black wheels on BS7. Works so well. I want a respray to BS7 looking at that!

Picture017.jpg

I would leave the mirrors though.

Thanks mate, had some trouble but eventually got there! Hows your build coming along? Still got that wee bin ;)

That paint job does look sweet, although I know you had a bit grief with the bodyshop.
I'm just waiting on a load of parts from greg v then my build will be back on full steam ahead, I've been stripping the interior while I've been waiting. I'm hoping to get it done before the end of the season at Crail.
I still have the bin mate, PM me an offer if you want it.

looking loooovly man!

seriously shiney!
not to keen on the black rear plate surroud :/
a p1 maybe?

keep it up man!
doing a great job:)

Photoshop favour if somebody doesn't mind?

Could you put bumpstrips on it for me please. Here's the nearest I could get to angles/sample bumstrips
(Dan hope you don't mind me using your pic)

IMAG0068.jpg

Seen this last night and I must admit that I preferred it with the white wheels, in the photographs. But seeing it tonight on the black wheels. It looks spot on.

The photo's make it look like there is just a massive black arch and i thought the wheels were lost in them, yeah i know i can talk!

But they aren't like that at all. Think with black mirrors and possibly a black spoiler it'll look great.

Good job son!

Went to go get emissions test done on the new parts before MOT, failed :(
Janspeed backbox, midsection, sports cat & SSAC header. Car was warm and had been driven hard-ish before going in for test.

Fast Idle test:

CO: <0.3% for pass: mine was 0.76%
Lambda: 0.97-1.03: mine was 1.116

Second fast idle:

CO - 0.61%
Lambda: 1.107

Natural Idle just passed

help me please :(

you still running 3bar of fuel pressure pal? if yes you may have to fit the standard exhaust manifold with pre cat to assist the race cat.

1. If a vehicle fails for high CO at idle and /or fast idle then.... if
Lambda is too low, the mixture is too rich. This can be caused either by a
misfire or by a faulty Lambda sensor. If it's running very rich, the 02 and
HC will be higher than normal.

2. if it has a high Lambda and high 02 (0.5 to 1.5%), the "CAT" could be
faulty. Before condemning it make sure its hot enough to work, the Lambda
and other sensors are working OK and the exhaust downpipe hasn't got any
leaks.

3. if the vehicle fails for high HC then ...if the CO passes, the vehicle
is probably misfiring. Or if the CO fails and the Lambda reading is too low,
the mixture is probably too rich and it may also be misfiring.

4. if the CO fails, the Lambda reading is high and the O2 reading is high
(0.5 to 1.5%) the "CAT" could be faulty. Again check out the simple measures
above before condemning it.

5. if the Lambda fails then...if its too high the Lambda sensor may be
faulty, the mixture may be too weak or there may be a hole in the exhaust
downpipe. If Lambda is too low the sensor may be faulty, the mixture may be
rich or the vehicle may be misfiring.

Back
Top Bottom