Chunkys Pulsar GTi

An emanage cost less than £150, mapping takes a couple of hours.

I've already got this along with the injector harness also. I will be getting the boost controller and sensor setup as well as the ignition harness etc

....Phone....

Another lumpy update :)

So as i have been taking my time with this and researching (and pestering people) so that it all goes smoothly.

Out she comes.

pistons seperated from the rods.

Yep. they're fucked.

This worried me a little. but there was no sign of anything nasty left around :/ must have let through the exhaust :/

You get the idea.

Rods with new bearings

Freshly skimmed block to give a flat surface :)

And this talks for itself. What it should look like.

What it does look like :O

440cc sti injectors

Drilling the block i snapped the boody pilot drill. Had to go under it the get it out then finish of the rest.

Kind of together

Random £15,000 worth of engine we collected for the side job :)

My new seat :)

New bearing and a good clean up

Dash out for Flocking

new bearings, bushes, droplinks, track rod ends, ball joints and steering gaiters also fitted.

And prepping the injector loom for the 440cc's

This is pretty close to going back together so my plan of 'The summer' was far too long away haha. once this is done the rear end is coming up and the rear beam is coming off, new calipers, bushes and handbrake cables also. along with fitting new braided lines as i noticed the other day that only 1 side has a braided line.......Cheers Stu -_-

Mike

What pistons were they? and what pistons have gone back in?

That engine has detted its tits off!!

Excellent buddy. Great to see you've got it all together so quickly.
I did cringe when I saw the picture of how much that cylinder had swelled though!

What pistons were they? and what pistons have gone back in?

That engine has detted its tits off!!

They WERE Wossners. haha

The new block is stock bore size so has stock DE pistons now

Excellent buddy. Great to see you've got it all together so quickly.
I did cringe when I saw the picture of how much that cylinder had swelled though!

I was shocked tbh but I now know what detonation sounds like if i ever hear it again :/

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Unless it was water ingress into the bore from a head gasket leak? Pretty conclusively fucked block though. I'm soo worried about mine doing a similar thing. Even without boost.

Unless it was water ingress into the bore from a head gasket leak? Pretty conclusively fucked block though. I'm soo worried about mine doing a similar thing. Even without boost.

There was water ingress into the bore happening AFTER the HG change which is why I decided to change the block.

Obvious advice but just keep the AFR's happy and your ears peeled for det.

Good update chunk, be nice to see it back on the road, should make more power now.

How would you describe your DET sounds?

Looking good dude. May be an optical illusion but your stock ARB bush looks a smaller diameter than the poly. On the VZR's they are 2mm smaller than a GTI so may be the same on yours.

-phone-

Good update chunk, be nice to see it back on the road, should make more power now.

How would you describe your DET sounds?

Cheers bud.

All I can describe it as is.

Put a 5p coil in a can and rattle it round I had a blow in the flexi pipe and so I could hear it more (although ignorance made me think it was a noise due to the blow.

Looking good dude. May be an optical illusion but your stock ARB bush looks a smaller diameter than the poly. On the VZR's they are 2mm smaller than a GTI so may be the same on yours.

-phone-

Optical illusion bud. after changing the ARB bushes I was looking at the old ones and it turns out they're not stock and are already poly ones :/ I asked Stu also and he said that they were. So now I have a spare set.

Last edited:
She's basically done engine wise git a few little things that need sorting and cyl 1 injectors stuck open so need to sort that.

2upe4usu.jpg

7ama9a6y.jpg

Got the dash in tonight and the internal wiring tidied up too :).

utuba6ap.jpg

sajygeqy.jpg

aradejah.jpg

Got my slimline radiator fans today too so will be fitting them in the week along with new wheel nuts and a downpipe replacement also. It's just the smaller things now :)

Looking good dude.

Just a note on the injector fault. Check that it not the bottom o ring that's split or sliced. Happened on my GA build after the initial 10 mile run in. Was basically pouring fuel into the cylinder with the injector plug off and provided 7:1 AFR haha took a long time for the fuel to burn out of the silencers.

Back
Top Bottom