Corbsport Enterprises

Corbalicious

Staff member
Again, I've decided to consolidate my cars into one thread!

1996 GTi 'Stevo' (Currently used by my girlfriend Tasha)
4phases.jpg

1997 GTi 'Gizmo' (Formerly RaceworX's GTi, water damaged)
Photo0064.jpg

1996 Micra K11 - The new daily driver
micra3b.jpg

Corbs, why have you got 4 almeras? lol your mother must despair

Just got in from fitting the 'new' rear suspension - KYB shocks with G-Max springs - to the SRi, handles much better with a touch of lift off oversteer.

Yeah musta lost a flap somewhere, not to fret I have a spare!

K33 ELV said:
Corbs, why have you got 4 almeras? lol your mother must despair

She doesn't know! :rolleyes:

I dont know if i'm slow but....why do you have 4 almera's?

Are you thinking of opening a dealership soon? Or maybe a rally team? :p

Forgive me for sounding like an arse but would it not be more beneficial to make just 1 Almera, you could have a totally mint one from 4 well specced shitters? You seem to chuck a whole lot of time and energy at these things to then turn round and buy another project? Just asking, not trying to be a cock.

your own little aoc meet there corbs

just as well as your mum dosent know ya have 4 almera's mine keeps on annoying me to put the other gti shell i have to the scrappys.(ricks old gti)

Damo-Sri said:
Forgive me for sounding like an arse but would it not be more beneficial to make just 1 Almera, you could have a totally mint one from 4 well specced shitters? You seem to chuck a whole lot of time and energy at these things to then turn round and buy another project? Just asking, not trying to be a cock.

Because I have low self control :lol:

Well... the way it goes at the moment is...
The SRi is my economic, reliable (ish) daily driver. Not intending to do any engine mods on this, just tidy the exterior up (Eventually it'll get there). it was free off my stepmum anyway.

The two 1997 GTis (red and black) will become one car, the red one will be donating loom, electrics and interior to the black one (68,000 miles and very little rust, so it can be saved) before getting stripped, sold and scrapped. Considering they cost £150 each I didnt think it was too bad. The black one may end up being the project/track/summer car that I eventually tell my parents I have.

Tasha's GTi 'Stevo' is her daily driver, high mileage, a fair bit rusty but got MoT till August next year so may as well let her run it til then. I bought it on impulse last year for £535 and it's lasted pretty well, not bad for a car with 197,000 miles.

Hope that explains a bit!

corbs, i also dont wish to offend, but why not choose one car from the 4 and make it into what you want it, and bin the rest. then buy a micra to drive around in?

sri_alan said:
corbs, i also dont wish to offend, but why not choose one car from the 4 and make it into what you want it, and bin the rest. then buy a micra to drive around in?
Sounds familiar... wish I'd never sold that micra now! Although it was an absolute arse on the motorway! Ah well the price you pay :rolleyes:

By the way.. I'm not going to be offended! I know I'm an idiot! :p

Well... the way its going at the moment looks like the fleet may be cut down a bit... If the SRi fails it's next MoT badly the I'm going to get rid and concentrate on making gizmo nicer. Alternator belt snapped today and had to cut the power steering/water pump belt to get to it, and now the new PS belt wont go on, making the overheating problem even worse. I've found a fair bit more rust as well and just really fucked off with the car, the last few years its been neglected have really taken their toll!
Add to this the rear bumper, and the rear suspension which kept trying to kill me!

RE: power steering belt.
Apart from the obvious nuts and bolts on the adjuster and the power steering 14mm nut at the back, there are two bolts near the crank pulley (one 10mm and one 12mm) which are part of the black bracket for the power steering pump. Undo these, and the belt will slip on easily enough. Hope this helps you out mate.

She doesnt encourage much faith...

Gearbox has now started crunching into reverse, 2nd and 3rd. I'm going to try and adjust the clutch cable later to see if it makes any difference.

i think u should fix my old red one 78000 mot just needs an engine overhaul and your redy to go body work is good too but just my opinion anint seen the others

I prefer black ones Andy :p but seriously I may yet find a use for it, as you say the shell is pretty good condition.

ha that silver micra behind gizmo is nice ;) infact looks better than all of yours cars corbs lol. nah, iam looking forward to see gizmo living agian!

Back
Top Bottom