Corbsport Enterprises

Gah... not much happening recently due to me being away over christmas and completely unable to find someone to tow my cars to the barn to start work on the rebuild :(
Remains of Nymo :(
CRIM0016.jpg

Gizmo, not a lot has changed here
CRIM0020.jpg

And the red one in the process of being broken up...
CRIM0019.jpg

CRIM0018.jpg

CRIM0017.jpg

CRIM0015.jpg

You can probably tell I now have dented, rusty doors! mmmm!

As for daily drivers... the K10 was a bit... erm... well it's gone now, suffice to say I'm never going to buy an 8 valve again. This is it's replacement (Complete with speed dents!)
micra3a.jpg

micra3b.jpg

micra3c.jpg

Total cost was £495, 12 months MoT, 6 Months Tax, brand new clutch, replacement gearbox fitted as old one was fooked. The body is dented as it lived in london previously and was a first car, but the chassis is totally straight and true. Great economy and nippier than my old K11 due to it being on 13" wheels!
Going to get the GTi running then punt it on probably, just want a nice almera again.

dude im taking that MG home when i come down next month!! its a crime to have it just sitting there :p how are the wings on the red one??

Just today. Tasha sent me the pic, went into the back of a van at a roundabout, he went to pull away, then stopped suddenly, crunch!

easy fix and you got spares anyway :p

Only other damage id expect would be the rad, bonnet catch and flimsy slam panel. P1s didnt have teh brace between teh 2 chassis legs so nothing to replace there

Days work and a trip down to Bristol and back...
SS850404.jpg

SS850403.jpg

It'll do for the time being! I must be some sort of super boyfriend haha!

It needs the headlights aligning as they were a fair bit cross eyed, Tasha's dad went at the cross member with the molegrips and I jumped on it to bend it more or less back to shape, but overall I think we did rather well.
I had to knock the chassis legs back out too as they bent inwards slightly, but 1 knock with block of wood and a mallet and perfectly straight again :)

Corbs said:
Days work and a trip down to Bristol and back...
SS850404.jpg

SS850403.jpg

It'll do for the time being! I must be some sort of super boyfriend haha!

I take its your Girlfriend car then :)...

So do you think she still wants it black :) Coz its a great opportunity to change the colour if not :)

Chris

Nah I think she definately prefers black! You know what they say...
...anyhow
Little progress report on my own GTi project... have managed to strip most of the engine loom out in preperation for the swap, although didnt have any axle stands so accessing the area behind the throttle body was hard (The cuts on my hands are a sign of this!). Me and Ian (RaceworX) emptied all the crap out of the shell too so I can start on rust repairs/prevention.

Work still to be done includes:
Swapping the remainder of the engine loom from the red GTi to the black one, including ignition barrel and ECU
Fitting the throttle body, 2.5" manifold and downpipe (Which I still need to collect), and bolting the 2.25" stainless cat back system and backbox on, and swapping the front brakes over. Gotta see if it starts too :)

Then its onto things like heaters, dashboard, door electrics, ABS wiring, rear number plate, all things that can be done once the car is running.

Then finishing the bodywork (Spraying front bumper etc)

looking forward to seeing that beast up and running like, looks like you are going to have your hands full for a while.

Gah... always check what you're sorting through hasnt moved before you shut the boot...
CRIM0004.jpg

£60 later...
CRIM0005.jpg

Although it is squeaky clean window licking good now :)

Nah I think she definately prefers black! You know what they say...
...anyhow
Little progress report on my own GTi project... have managed to strip most of the engine loom out in preperation for the swap, although didnt have any axle stands so accessing the area behind the throttle body was hard (The cuts on my hands are a sign of this!). Me and Ian (RaceworX) emptied all the crap out of the shell too so I can start on rust repairs/prevention.

Work still to be done includes:
Swapping the remainder of the engine loom from the red GTi to the black one, including ignition barrel and ECU
Fitting the throttle body, 2.5" manifold and downpipe (Which I still need to collect), and bolting the 2.25" stainless cat back system and backbox on, and swapping the front brakes over. Gotta see if it starts too :)

Then its onto things like heaters, dashboard, door electrics, ABS wiring, rear number plate, all things that can be done once the car is running.

Then finishing the bodywork (Spraying front bumper etc)

Then the red GTi is to be sold ;)

Bye Bye Nymo :(

Well it was a sad day for me as the scrapman came to take away the remains of nymo, my first car. She was definately the best car I've ever owned, had so much character and so reliable until her last 2 months. Admittedly not much was left of her though as lots of parts are being sold or recycled.
Here's a few pics:
CRIM0001-2.jpg

CRIM0001a.jpg

CRIM0006-1.jpg

CRIM0007-1.jpg

CRIM0010.jpg

CRIM0011.jpg

And all that was left was a pile of rust on the floor :)
CRIM0012.jpg

She will be missed..

Back
Top Bottom