Craigs New Datsun Sunny

well done mr C, :)

mega lol about the fuel problem,
didnt the fuel light come on?

so are you using my manual ecu?

ive always thought the sr18 was a quick engine, glad your enjoying it craig, :)
i had sooo much fun in mine,

well done mr C, :)

mega lol about the fuel problem,
didnt the fuel light come on?

so are you using my manual ecu?

ive always thought the sr18 was a quick engine, glad your enjoying it craig, :)
i had sooo much fun in mine,

cheers for the help, maf and parts dude, well it runs fine on either ecu - seems maybe slightly more responsive on your manual one - but also throws this code 13 error, which is apparently engine/coolant temp sensor circuit - weird. I'd rather use the manual ecu if i could cos of the stuff bout the auto one retarding the timing between shifts etc, but just odd about this error code which doesn't even seem linked to the gearbox swap.

yeh the fuel thing was stupid - dunno if the light was comin on, wasnt lookin lol, but i knew i'd put a gallon or more in so though it'd be fine! :p

yeh the sr18 seems awesome, really quick n responsive - defo all over a stock mera

cheers dudes

ooh really rich?! and what might that be, brace per chance, and how much you want? an n15 gti brace as swaps?! :P

well make me an offer pal been offered good money for it but know how rare it is and how much you want it don't need the money yet either send me a pic of the battery to also might have you a knee rest

Would you say it's quicker than your old UK sunny GTi Craig?

hmmm, i can't really remember it that well, and at the time it seemed mad fast cos i hadn'th ad anythin quick before - but i bet it's pretty similar, very surprised by it being only 1.8 - although as sam said to me earlier the sr18 has mor aggressive cams.

from how it feels i think it'd defo beat a mera gti, just has that extra bit of response and pull - or maybe it just feels quicker in an n14 shell

well make me an offer pal been offered good money for it but know how rare it is and how much you want it don't need the money yet either send me a pic of the battery to also might have you a knee rest

hmm, not sure on brace mate, til my loan comes in in a couple of weeks, but knee rest could be cool lol.

Also, ust been out in the car again after hookin up the manual ecu and the engine lights gone so i'm using the manual ecu with no problems! sweeeeeeeeeeeeet

i owe you 40 beans then stu ;)

EDIT: as said thanks for all your help sweet pea, i'll leave you in peace now. mwah. x

thats cool money not important likei said for a few weeks as its only going to quicky for the respray and find out tomo about the knee rest for you

When are you planning on completing the vvl, think we might have ours both finsihed at the same time.
I'am hoping end of May/ early June.
Nice work.

thats cool money not important likei said for a few weeks as its only going to quicky for the respray and find out tomo about the knee rest for you

awesome i'll let you know about both then mate

When are you planning on completing the vvl, think we might have ours both finsihed at the same time.
I'am hoping end of May/ early June.
Nice work.

yeh maybe around that time, although my end of uni exams and stuff will get in the way otherwise it'd be done by then. with exams and shit to do, i'd guess more like mid june - but i'm determined it wont be too long now.

feel like this manual swap was the hard work - buildin up the ve will be the careful bit, and swappin the engine in the easy bit lol

little update,

girlfriend came round today, so i did the romantic thing and made her help me paint my calipers ;) then she helped wash it with me too lol. she also had fun and wants to help with the ve build, so i instantly explained the importnace of botty honing in the process ;)

- fitted yellow stuff pads, cheers sam-wise-the-brave-jay-dee-emmm-mc-gummage
- painted calipers gold
- learnt that my pulsar rear pads aren't same as almera ones, or therefore gti-r ones i presume, balls

and a whoring pic....

also, de/ve build block is in for honing, and i have a full car poly bush set on the soon-ish

P4210029.jpg
P4210039.jpg

yeah looking nice craig,

you still going out with Jess?

you can show her your big purple piston too when you build it with her! ;)

lol good job mate!

Back
Top Bottom