Craigs New Datsun Sunny

martyn is actually a gent, he has helped me out lots with building the GTiR back up. give and take in this world isnt it, he scratched my back so i erm...i scratched his :roll::gay::lol: if you're nice to someone, they will be nice back (thats my philosophy anyway)

anyway, slut, i love your car

dsc00667pd.jpg

wouldnt the dumpvalve be of more use on the cold side next to the plenum?

craig your car doesnt have abs, and all you have to do is remove the abs ring from the cv joints, theyre all the same just with abs rings fitted.

ffs dont change the n14 hubs for n15 stuff as theres no need, ill dig out driveshafts tomorrow and check theyre condition for you.

the auto lsd gearbox uses the same shafts as the manual lsd gearbox, so keep hold of them.

if your fitting a n15 manual box, it is slightly different from the n14 box but it will bolt up no problem. almera shafts will go straight on, but ill check the sunny gti stuff i have here first.

all that bumph above from gaybeast is just confusing the situation, its not as complicated as he makes out

yeh cheers mate, i've managed to get some shafts i think as i'm tryin toget the swap done this week, but cheers anyway for the advice. and i agree, nos may/may not mean well but i didn't listen to a word he said about shafts n boxes etc he was overcomplicating it n didn't seem to understand what i needed to do - i've read shit loads on this including a guy in NZ who did this exact conversion lol

Don't sell him another doggey Maf vss you clown.
How can you tell him a 2.0 turbo gti-r maf would go onto a 1.8 auto gti.
Why should he keep the lsd shafts for the auto box if he hasn't got an lsd 5 speed gearbox.
You knew how hard it would be to source one.
You have put him in a right pit.
I have just done what he is trying to do with the shafts so I think I would know.
See you in July.

i asked for a gtir maf cos i knew sr18 was rare, the gtir one would fit n be a quick fix. and tbh nos martyn has been good since buying the car off him and as he says sent that maf as a favour. i got no problem with hi whatsoever. in fact if we're gonna be sad little bitches it was you who warned me off that red 1.8 gti so much pretending you were doin me a favour cos it was fucked, just so you could get your hands on the lsd box.

so all this talk of forum spirit is bollocks, almost any other person on this forum would have acknowledged they wanted it to and just let bidding commence, so shut up n stop clutterin this thread with shit please!
martyn is actually a gent, he has helped me out lots with building the GTiR back up. give and take in this world isnt it, he scratched my back so i erm...i scratched his :roll::gay::lol: if you're nice to someone, they will be nice back (thats my philosophy anyway)

anyway, slut, i love your car

as above, i agree about martyn, and i love you too slut. oh, and your car :P

as an aside, i got the almera engine out yesterday, pulsar one hopefully out today if i can be arsed in the rain, then swap commences. yay

wouldnt the dumpvalve be of more use on the cold side next to the plenum?

It doesn't matter. Some people argue that on blow thru it aids with the correct amount of air being metered and/or aids a quicker spool or something like that. Usually placed there down to space.

busy couple of days since monday, with a shit load of annoying rain slowin down progress, but not doin too bad so far.

got almera engine out ready to nick the box, then got pulsar engine out....

farmyard engine removal, no crane or breeze blocks or owt useful, so logs did it just fine :p

P3310005.jpg
P3310006.jpg

then got rid of all auto shit, and fitted the good stuff - not quite aligned the clutch pedal properly but nearly there

P3310010.jpg
P3310012.jpg

tomorrow will finish clutch pedal fitting, swap manual box onto the sr18 and start refitting engine :D w000p and then worryin about the wiring!!

only other problem is my back box has rusted through and snapped off, so will try n find one asap. if not i'll be comin buttertubs without one lol ;)

Nice progress Craig, keep it up!

I'd leave the big brake pedal, great for heel and toeing!

ooh tru dat! i'll just cut it down ot to get caught up in the clutch side and have a nice little toy for hard brakin :D

this is a familiar sight craig?
lol

haha, exactly mate - the farmer opposite thinks i've never had a car that works, just ones to fuck about with lol

ooooooh you little slapper, i love it, it seems we both have been grafting on our N14's a lot recently my boi hehe

hmmmm, intriguing...

well, the hard work of the manual conversion is over. it's done. nearly.

i've finished all the main parts of that, electrics are sorted and it's trying to start and starting, for a short while.

basically, when i try and start it it idles for a few seconds on the auto choke, then gradually just dies, checked maf etc, no problems - after talkin to wezz it's comin down to an air leak somewhere, iacv type bollocks.

however, if anyone has any other ideas let me know, it runs pretty ropey and barey idles, then dies. if i put any throttle on it kills it completely...

probably get some pics of the manual conversion tomorrow if i can get the bloody thing running right :(

also though, got my new zorst fitted.... slash cut y0!!

P4150013.jpg

I remember when the bung dropped out of my intake pipe it wouldnt idle properly and would die when given throttle....

well done boyo,

you double checked the Vaccum pipes etc?

and def got both the ICV connectors pluged in? there is two!

ghetto exhaust man, :lol:

I remember when the bung dropped out of my intake pipe it wouldnt idle properly and would die when given throttle....

yeh thats what i'm checkin tomorrow

well done boyo,

you double checked the Vaccum pipes etc?

and def got both the ICV connectors pluged in? there is two!

ghetto exhaust man, :lol:

well i can't see any plugs left to connect, where are they both, i got a brown one plugged in under drivers side of inlet mani, sure i've got both

other giveaway is the hissing, air leaking sound as it's dying - sure it's just an air thing, just gotta check everything

yeh, lovin the zorst lol

FINISHED!!!!! :D

well, i finally got some time after a messy weekend away to get stuck into why the car wasn't running properly - and embarrassingly and weirdly it was fuel in the tank, or rather not enough, kind of. the car was jacked up and with only a couple of gallons couldnt seem to get enough apparently to run right, even though i had fuel at the rail - so put more in and lowered it and all was well, i'll check my fuel pump methinks.

finished everythin else off, shafts in, systems all full of fluid and bled and took it down the road. FOOOOOOK MEEEEEEEEEE.

n14, sr18 GTi's, in std form, are FAST. FACT.

it feels awesome, would easily give a std mera gti a test i'd say, eaassyyyyyy. and thats runnin the auto ecu still. I have a manual sr18 ecu and the car seems a little more responsive still with it in. Apparently the auto ecu's retard the timing in between gear changes when it senses neutral, and the revs drop off slower or something - dunno how.

Only problem is, when i run the manual ecu i get an engine check light - did the code check and it throws code 13 - the only thing i found for this was on the gti-r forum which was something to do with the engine temp sensor circuit, odd that it'd only show up on the manual ecu - maybe the error code is different on my car to the gti-r's

didn't get many pics of the actual conversion - not like anyone will wanna see or do it themselves is it lol, but here's a quick few of the car back together....

auto gearbox loom wiring mess and the new engine bay pic, dirty, no aircon or resonators etc

P4190013.jpg
P4190014.jpg

oooh manual shifter and clutch pedal :p

P4190017.jpg

and 2 exteriors just cos i can

P4190018.jpg
P4190019.jpg

i actually feel kinda proud having done it, cos i'm relatively noobish mechanically speaking - and this seemed like a big thing to me, but was simple nuts n bolts tbh. Although i should say big thanks and much love to a few people for my endless inane texts for help.... cheers wezzly, sam, joe, stu (for parts too) and cheers to sphinxmark for pm'ing me some valuable info and the guy on pga who told me everythin about this swap.

now then fuckerz, my loan is in in 2 weeks - time to buy n1s and everythin and build this fookin ve - vvl n14 ftmfw y00000000000000 ;)

Back
Top Bottom