Craigs New Datsun Sunny

that's nos_sunny_gti's off here. - the one i wanted before

he's had the lsd box n shafts off it n replaced them with std sunny ones, otherwise i'd have it. would be tempted anyway but would need towing and gettin trailer n cost etc i can't afford right now

hopin martyn who i bought it off or this guy on ebay come up trumps, got next week off and was lookin at gettin it manual in time for buttertubs :( need a different maf too possibly cos the gtir one doesn't seem right. if not buttertubs could be a right pita

EDIT: just thought, uk n14 gti's were abs, mine isn't. won't that balls it up in terms of driveshafts? :(

Hi Craigti.
I am slightly confused.
What type of shafts are you after?
1.8 N14 Gti ones or UK 2.0 Gti ones?
What gear casing are you looking for or going to use.
If your using your existing auto one you will need the 1.8 Gti driveshaft for the lsd side.
If your getting a UK 2.0 Gti gearbox you need the correct shafts.
The 1.8 Gti I have has antilock breaking.
20040_105618769456520_100000251918709_138370_1818917_n.jpg

As I told you before if my Red one doesn't sell I'll break it and you will have first dibs on the shafts and maf, and anything else you need.
The driveshaft is clicking however ,but I have put brand new CV boots all around.
So if you just need the CVboots I'll source them for you.
Hold tight this weekend, no sale, break break time.

i'm using my n5 uk manual box mate, hence wanting uk manual shafts. but just thinkin the abs will be a problem won't it cos my car doesn't have abs, or it definitely doesn't work but i can't see anythin on the clocks and haven't looked at hubs to see.

if i used uk abs shafts, would they work or would i need to fit my uk abs hubs off the almera?

if yours doesn't sell mate,(i presume theres a reserve then? haven't looked) then yeh if you could get the shafts n maf off asap that'd be perfect.

To be honest CraiGti, I'am not sure how it would work by putting an abs ringed driveshaft on a non abs car. I don't think you will have any problems, just fit it and test drive the car. It might have no affect at all.
However if it was the other way round and you had an abs car to start with I would want to keep my abs working so will look for an abs ringed driveshaft.
If not I am sure I would end up getting some kind of abs error, have the light coming on and fail my mot.
I'll let you know though if the Pulsar sale falls through.

I would just say what ever gearbox you use, use the same hubs and shafts.

What I have done is take the N14 Red Pulsar Gti gearcasing and shafts and put it on the Grey Sunny Gti.
However I have kept the grey hubs.
The grey sunny has retained the hubs, and gear ratios.
I needed to replace the cv boots as they were all fooked.

craig honey, ive just checked on fast and it doesnt give different part numbers for ABS driveshafts or hub carriers so id say they will interchange yes

craig your car doesnt have abs, and all you have to do is remove the abs ring from the cv joints, theyre all the same just with abs rings fitted.

ffs dont change the n14 hubs for n15 stuff as theres no need, ill dig out driveshafts tomorrow and check theyre condition for you.

the auto lsd gearbox uses the same shafts as the manual lsd gearbox, so keep hold of them.

if your fitting a n15 manual box, it is slightly different from the n14 box but it will bolt up no problem. almera shafts will go straight on, but ill check the sunny gti stuff i have here first.

all that bumph above from gaybeast is just confusing the situation, its not as complicated as he makes out

Don't sell him another doggey Maf vss you clown.
How can you tell him a 2.0 turbo gti-r maf would go onto a 1.8 auto gti.
Why should he keep the lsd shafts for the auto box if he hasn't got an lsd 5 speed gearbox.
You knew how hard it would be to source one.
You have put him in a right pit.
I have just done what he is trying to do with the shafts so I think I would know.
See you in July.

:lol:

see what i mean about this numpty?:hand::hand::hand::hand:

for your information numbnuts,

craig asked me for a gtir maf, which i sent for free to help out,
the reason i told him to keep hold of the shafts is because they are rare, not so he can use them with a manual non lsd box,

just because you have done this conversion doesnt mean its the only way to do it!:lol2:

you really are a weirdo, the reference to july for everyone else; is a sprint day organised by a member of the gtiroc which i will be attending, numpty has been told he isnt welcome but is turning up anyway, im probably supposed to be worried!:lol:

You could have told him, if it is for the 1.8 gti I would not use it.
But no..
Be careful of traders like vss people he is just about to take your money.
Thats why they did not vote him to be a mod on the Nissan gtir modifiers club. No trust in traders.
One of the current mods still actually fills me in with what goes on, so I know.
Craigti I would sell the shafts mate, you would make alot of money if you put them on Ebay.
Use the money to fund the project.
As mentioned mate when I break the red gti, In a month or so if you are still have running issues, I can sell you the maf.

Vss travels around the Uk to deliver parts pretending to be mates with everyone, but he is just in it to make money for himself and his business.
He needs the forums to survive you see.
That is not a true owners club member.
No forum freind's no business.
He lives in Scotland and he is supposedly best mate with someone from DOWN SOUTH.
Work that out.
Business or pleasure...hmmmmm

Ignore all these tossers! :gay::gay::gay:

:thumb:

Weve got a N14 GTI ( ignore GTiR badge ) In for our Stage1 Turbo conversion.. Looks and sounds awesome..

Gaurenteed 240+ bhp...

Come to the DAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRKKKKKK SIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEE !!!

dsc00667pd.jpg

dsc00665o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom