Craigs New Datsun Sunny

ihasafail-firetruck-fire.jpg

well, errrrr

it's friday the 13th after all - went out this mornin to have a play. connected up the broken tps, (the plastic surround clip thing broken) and tried to start the car. got nothin for a bit then loadsa smoke in the car from behind the dash. FOOK!!!!

after it cleared i could see some melted wires from the plug on the back ofthe ecu, a couple of conversations with sam and wezz later we realised like a bellend i'd slid the tps connector on the bare pins the wrongway round :oops: and shorted some shit and set fire to some shit lol. stripped the wires back, reinsulated them and connected it all back up properly and it worked fine.

engine runnin again this mornin, top end is defo a bit ticky, and maybe even squeeky??? any ideas? also idles a bit lump but what can i expect unmapped, think it's just lump not surging or hunting

and it's a bit smokey out of zorst, but i presume it'll take a while for the rings to seat properly and stop that??? yay or nay?

now it's pissing it down and i can't do anymore so no vid or anything ironed out yet, so :(

have you done any work top end? or just swapped the cams?

keep an eye on the smoking. what colour?

tapping could just mean the lifters need bled, the SR should tap much as the cams are constantly in contact with the rockers, unlike the GA where they only contact under lift. could just be cause its non roller now?

have you done any work top end? or just swapped the cams?

keep an eye on the smoking. what colour?

tapping could just mean the lifters need bled, the SR should tap much as the cams are constantly in contact with the rockers, unlike the GA where they only contact under lift. could just be cause its non roller now?

nah no head work, it might not actually be that ticky or loud i can't decide, bit squeaky but as sam points out they're new cams that need to bed in.

smoke is blue ish and white ish, but too much fuel was goin in with the fpr at over 6bar initially and with the rings not seated yet and the oil and shit in the bores from buildin process it probably will be a bit blue too

fucking rain's stopped me playing anyway so still not drrivin it :(

no lofters in the VE head.. just a solid oil bar of goodness..

well done dude looks good im sure she will bed in nicely and be a flyer..

^^cheers boyzzzzzz

well here's how she runs....

the sound on the camera is shocking and makes it sound likea tractor! admittedly the top end is a bit noisy but i think it'll bed in. what i'm more curious about is the surging/hunting it's doing after the throttle's touched. fine before you rev, but after it surges. My guess is un-metered air getting in somewhere, or lambda (using the almera lambda which may be of questionable quality), maf maybe? Or just cos the ecu is thinking wtf have you put in me?!!

[video]http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa2/mils607/?action=view&current=P8140058.mp4[/video]

Only other minor issue i've spotted so far is leaking gear oil from drivers side, thinkin something went funky with the driveshaft oil seal so no drivin til i replace that on monday :wacko:

hmm the hunting will probably be because the air/fuel mixture is all over the gaff darling, so the idle control valve wont have the foggiest how to operate :lol: either that or the O2 sensor as you say

yeh me thinks so wezzley

JUST DRIVEN IT!!! W00000PP

admittedly i need a bit of gear oil and my clutch adjusting, but oh my. wow oh cum in my pants. yum. sex wee. woohoo.

even only goin to 3k steadily it feels soo nice lol, topend sounds better, no real smoke now i don't think. can't wait bitches

cheers chris

just driven it again and ooooft, the clutch is awesome, and it pulls like a mofo even in low revs, low lobe, unmapped form. bring on mapping.

few pics, but it needs a proper clean up an tidying...put the obligatory stickers on the back, nearly bought superdan one but then thought meh, not applicable :stuart:

P8140059.jpg

P8140062.jpg

P8140060.jpg

so, spec is...

16ve head
20de bottom end
4cw crank
n1 cams
acl race bearings all round
arp rod bolts and head studs
CP 12.5:1 ve pistons
ve metal headgasket
ve oil pump
powerland 4-1 header
3" decat
custom 3" mandrel catback
HKS filter
powerland intake pipe
fidanza flywheel
G-spec stage 3 clutch
G-spec lightweight, undrive crank and WP pulleys.
Greddy MSS
autogauge oil temp, pressure and water temp gauges.

Next jobs are to wire up the MSS and gauges some time in next 2 weeks while engines being run in ready for mapping withJez at Horsham.

It's being mapped on the dyno so who wants to guess at power figures?feel free to put a theoretical power figure and probable inconsistent dyno number if you wish! :clown:

cheers whores, i feel a bit emotional and poud :lol: *fingers crossed*

Back
Top Bottom